Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kelsey To UMass

This is definitely a little interesting from a Xavier fan perspective... I STILL think Coach Mack stays here a long, long time. But, this has to get you thinking.....

I don't like the way this all is unfolding....

Hopefully this is just Pat Kelsey being Pat Kelsey.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    This is definitely a little interesting from a Xavier fan perspective... I STILL think Coach Mack stays here a long, long time. But, this has to get you thinking.....
    jesus, are we this paranoid? is the thought behind this that kelsey backing out of the umass job means he has information that Mack has already decided to leave Xavier and that Xavier has already reached out to Kelsey?

insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    jesus, are we this paranoid? is the thought behind this that kelsey backing out of the umass job means he has information that Mack has already decided to leave Xavier and that Xavier has already reached out to Kelsey?

insanity.
    Yeah Mack probably stepped out of shoot around, took the IU job before they even had a chance to interview Steve Alford (short of Billy Donovan, it seems to me there is a 0% chance IU's search is over before they could conceivably have been rebuffed by Alford, imagine the outrage of the fanbase), and then gave Kelsey a heads up.

Xavier's next coach should and will be Travis Steele if that decision ever has to be made. Seems so obvious to me. There is no point in having a national search just to have a search, especially in light of the reported salary at X compared to other BE schools. Fair or not, college coaching is an insanely competitive business and this is a bad look for Kelsey as is whatever caused him to bail on X. There's a reason Steele very very selectively even interviews for jobs. The guy isn't dumb.

EDIT: Also, isn't UMASS kinda a shitty job? Clearly not in the top tier of the A10, so making the tournament is a real uphill battle.
    Last edited by AviatorX; 03-23-2017 at 04:48 PM.

For Pat to completely back out of the UMass job, I think he must have already settled on another appointment. Can it be Georgetown? The timing is right.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    For Pat to completely back out of the UMass job, I think he must have already settled on another appointment. Can it be Georgetown? The timing is right.
    You think they started and finished their search in 3 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Does anyone really think he would be that much of a jackass? Tell UMASS no, tell Winthrop yes and then burn them again? My guess is that he is staying at Winthrop another year at least. If not then with his history I would say yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Does anyone really think he would be that much of a jackass? Tell UMASS no, tell Winthrop yes and then burn them again? My guess is that he is staying at Winthrop another year at least. If not then with his history I would say yikes.
    ^^^^
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    On several different levels, Kelsey seems shaky. I do not want him him to be the next X coach.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    On several different levels, Kelsey seems shaky. I do not want him him to be the next X coach.
    Agreed and keep in mind under this conspiracy theory, he would be a shoo-in at X, which I find hard to imagine.