Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Hmm, I didn't remember the line being that large. I guess it helped that I never had to think about the possibility of Xavier not covering once the game started!

Bring on that Lexus crap.

Let's do this thing!
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    FSU was favored -7.5, opened -6

Might be a trend line on Xavier covering, just saying.
    That's what I remember, at least from reading here. What do they know? Let's hope the Lexus gets towed out of the gym! (I'm cocky as I'm re-watching the FSU game as I type!)

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    We are not losing to Showty and company. This is the year X breaks through to the final 4. Zona fans think they are moving on to the elite 8 already and they are in for a world of hurt when they see how well X is playing right now. This is the run part III and it will end in the final weekend. Mark it down, it's going to happen bois.
    Man if this happens... I think I would cry tears of joy... I'd considering flying back to Cincinnati just for that weekend and skipping class.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Bring on that Lexus crap.

Let's do this thing!
    FWIW, we've had a lot of Buick commercials during the Tournament since they're one of the esteemed "corporate champions" of the NCAA.

Arizona perspective...not too worried about Xavier.

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketb...eview-analysis

They seem to think the one-big situation is an issue of necessity rather than of choice. Two years ago was the last time Xavier played two bigs at a time with any kind of consistency, so it's safe to say the style of play has changed significantly.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    They seem to think the one-big situation is an issue of necessity rather than of choice. Two years ago was the last time Xavier played two bigs at a time with any kind of consistency, so it's safe to say the style of play has changed significantly.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I prefer the 1 in, 4 out. I think in today's style of play, it gives you a better chance to win. Especially because it's harder to find quality big men that can defend a dynamic 4 guy out on the perimeter. Of course, not everyone can be blessed with a 7 footer like Lauri who can shoot like he does. So they have the best of both worlds

Sophomore
    "The preliminary verdict
    This is certainly not a game Arizona should take for granted, but Arizona matches up better against Xavier than they did against Saint Mary’s. Xavier lacks a dominant big man and won’t be able to control the pace in the same way the Gaels did. And, frankly, Xavier isn’t as good as Saint Mary’s."

Are we really not as good as St. Mary's?

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Arizona perspective...not too worried about Xavier.

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketb...eview-analysis
    This was written staring at a stat sheet and not watching Xavier's last two games. Not being 'dominant big men' did not seem to stop O'Mara and Jones from tearing up Maryland's and Florida State's front lines.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."