Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: We meet again

Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    If you guys are interested this is probably the most active Arizona board out there.

http://beardownwildcats.com/viewforum.php?f=8
    Thanks for sharing.
    X A V I E R

Seems like they are more worried about WVA press than X. Hopefully, they'll keep looking past us. The guy who sez we have no inside game may want to check "points in the paint" our last 2 games.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 03-21-2017 at 02:33 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Seems like they are more worried about WVA press
    I thought they stopped playing third place games in regionals years ago.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    If you guys are interested this is probably the most active Arizona board out there.

http://beardownwildcats.com/viewforum.php?f=8
    Thanks for link. And after reading the Sweet 16 thread, I'm sorry I missed our game but it sounds like you guys crushed us. Congrats and good luck in the Elite 8!

Kidding but I do find it funny that most of those posters:

1. Seem to think Arizona will have no trouble with Xavier, and
    2. Are dumping in their pants at the thought of playing West Virginia in the Elie 8

Seems like they are more worried about WVA press than X. Hopefully, they'll keep looking past us. The guy who sez we have no inside game may want to check "points in the paint" our last 2 games.
    I see they think They should pound Xavier on the glass. Xavier ranks 17th in the country in rebounding and Arizona ranks 34th.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    Thanks for link. And after reading the Sweet 16 thread, I'm sorry I missed our game but it sounds like you guys crushed us. Congrats and good luck in the Elite 8!

Kidding but I do find it funny that most of those posters:

1. Seem to think Arizona will have no trouble with Xavier, and
    2. Are dumping in their pants at the thought of playing West Virginia in the Elie 8
    And (3) Have not watched Xavier play since 2015

Sophomore
    There is another thread called "Xavier Analysis" and virtually every person thinks we were better in 2015. Uh, is there one person on this board that thinks that? I think we are significantly more talented this year, even without Ed and Myles. Maybe they think they played us last year or the link went to a Wisconsin board.

We were a 6 seed that year, so I can certainly understand their line of thinking. Two weeks ago I thought Xavier '15 was significantly better than Xavier '17.

While there is talk among the fan base on who we'd rather face in the E8 you can be sure that none of us are taking your team lightly. For damn sure Sean Miller and the team aren't.

Pretty sure most of the Xavier talk is in the "Xavier Analysis" thread lol. And the S16 thread just got bombarded with press talk. If I'm being honest, at first glance there's certainly a better overall basketball analysis on that board than other ones I've read