Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sophomore

Ode to Rashid Gaston

Just looking back at his season and seeing that he had a key role in some meaningful wins like Utah, Wake Forest, Creighton and had his best games against Villanova and Marquette where he was the only one who showed up it seems. He must have pushed the hell out of Sean and Tyrique in practice and may yet play a role. Thanks for being a great senior example.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/...1/gamelog/2017

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    Just looking back at his season and seeing that he had a key role in some meaningful wins like Utah, Wake Forest, Creighton and had his best games against Villanova and Marquette where he was the only one who showed up it seems. He must have pushed the hell out of Sean and Tyrique in practice and may yet play a role. Thanks for being a great senior example.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/...1/gamelog/2017
    I think his reduced playing time lately is due more to matchups than anything that he has done or not done. With the right matchups he will play more. With Xavier's increased use of the zone defenses in the games Sean seems to be the right fit.

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    I think his reduced playing time lately is due more to matchups than anything that he has done or not done. With the right matchups he will play more. With Xavier's increased use of the zone defenses in the games Sean seems to be the right fit.
    Ugghh......don't think so. It's all about performing and getting it done. He played limited minutes against FSU b/c he made two really bad fouls and didn't really make all that much happen. Are you watching what O'Mara and Tyrique are doing? O'Mara is playing at a super high level right now. His passing has been great and he is finishing around the rim and rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Ugghh......don't think so. It's all about performing and getting it done. He played limited minutes against FSU b/c he made two really bad fouls and didn't really make all that much happen. Are you watching what O'Mara and Tyrique are doing? O'Mara is playing at a super high level right now. His passing has been great and he is finishing around the rim and rebounding.
    Agree. I think Sean and Tyrique have been playing more because they've been playing better than Rashid. Not saying Rashid isn't capable of giving this team some good minutes, but he's fallen behind Sean and Tyrique on the depth charts. I don't think matchups have anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Agree. I think Sean and Tyrique have been playing more because they've been playing better than Rashid. Not saying Rashid isn't capable of giving this team some good minutes, but he's fallen behind Sean and Tyrique on the depth charts. I don't think matchups have anything to do with it.
    Chris has gone with the hot hand pretty much all year long. It was 'Shid for a long stretch, right now it's not.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    Chris has gone with the hot hand pretty much all year long. It was 'Shid for a long stretch, right now it's not.
    Yep. X plays 1 big. If they're performing, the other guys don't play.

Sophomore
    I am aware of the squeeze and sadly have experienced it myself..however I hope he is appreciated and enjoying the ride. If we lost at Wake or Utah we may have well been in a play in game. I am the biggest X fan in Connecticut and have turned on many to the X. We are a big east area with Providence, Villanova, St Johns, Seton Hall and are pulling for X (and Butler).

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    And King O'Mara is hitting his free throws...

What's with all these ode's? Pretty soon they'll be an Ode to Snipe.
    2023 Sweet 16

Our bigs are light years from where they were at the beginning of the season. THAT is a huge reason we are still playing. Just love it.