Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    Arizona has been facing crappy game times all year. The PAC-12 semifinal game started at 9:30 PM PT
    Why is that a crappy time? I guess they could have played the early game at 6:30, but that's kind of a minor quibble. That's just how conference tournaments tend to work.

Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    Arizona has been facing crappy game times all year. The PAC-12 semifinal game started at 9:30 PM PT
    My heart is bleedin and I'm gettin all teary. 730ish Pacific time is too late, too early? For players? For fans in Sun City retirement homes? ?

And I thought WE are a whiney crew.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Why is that a crappy time? I guess they could have played the early game at 6:30, but that's kind of a minor quibble. That's just how conference tournaments tend to work.
    Watching other conference tournaments all of the so call power conference semis and finals were at reasonable times in reference to their local time. It's not that big of a deal but it gets tiring when your games are all going off late at night. Even during football season we had games kick off at 9:00 and as we all know football games are much longer than basketball games. I blame our conference commissioner Larry Scott who also botched the PAC-12 Network deal.

The Big East was at 6:30 and 9 local time. Again, is 30 minutes a really big deal? The ACC's semis were at 7 and 9:30 local time. The SEC and Big Ten had their semifinals on Saturday, so it's not really comparable.

I've already had 4-5 other fans complain to me about the time. As a guy who usually goes to bed around midnight, I obviously don't have a problem with it. Although, I can't imagine complaining about a Xavier Sweet 16 game that would keep me up an hour or 2 past my bedtime?

People.

March Madness is a grueling ride for all of us. I'll take it vs the alternative.
    Run the table.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Xavier did play in the later games in 2010 and 2015 and the earlier times in 2009 and 2012. I don't think that's as much a factor as we want to believe.

luckily Fridays are half days for me. I'll just pull an all nighter and go to bed at 11am when I get home from work.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    I've already had 4-5 other fans complain to me about the time. As a guy who usually goes to bed around midnight, I obviously don't have a problem with it. Although, I can't imagine complaining about a Xavier Sweet 16 game that would keep me up an hour or 2 past my bedtime?

People.
    This.

If you have an issue with the time and the game being too late.......I don't even know what to say.

First thing is that IT IS ONE NIGHT OF THE YEAR!!!!!!

2nd and final thing is that people just love to BITCH....whether it be at work, at home, to retail or restaurant workers, etc because their life must be so miserable. I would f$#ken watch this game at 3am, 4am, 1am. Who gives a f#$k!!!!!
    I'm sure any other of the 52 teams that are at home would be ELATED to play at 10:09 on Thursday night.

Quit bitching OR just go to bed. DVR it. If you can't stay up for it I guess you aren't a fan anyway. Its the freakin SWEET 16 and could be Blueitt's last game. Unbelievable.