Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Game Time Thursday

When will find out the game time?

Probably after all the games finish tonight so most likely tomorrow morning if I were to guess

I posted this in another thread, but it was slightly off topic, so this is definitely a better place to say it:

Not all of the matchups for Thursday have been set yet, so we will have to wait until the games finish today to find out. But there are four possible times:

7:00 PM (CBS)
    7:15 PM (TBS)
    9:30 PM (CBS)
    9:45 PM (TBS)

Edit: I said we'd probably get a late slot because we are playing on the west coast, but then realized Gonzaga and West Virginia will be playing out there too. So who knows.

Boy I hope we get the early game for the sake of my kids and my liver.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Boy I hope we get the early game for the sake of my kids and my liver.
    Sorry Snipe, game time is 10:09!

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Sorry Snipe, game time is 10:09!
    Actually, the Gonzaga-WVU game is slated to start at 7:39 and the XAV-ZONA game is to be followed 30 minutes after the completion of the first game so 10:09 would probably be the earliest. Train your liver well, Snipe.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by mid major View Post
    Actually, the Gonzaga-WVU game is slated to start at 7:39 and the XAV-ZONA game is to be followed 30 minutes after the completion of the first game so 10:09 would probably be the earliest. Train your liver well, Snipe.
    They really need to think of the impact on the student athletes when they set these times as well as the old fans who go to bed at 10:00

The student athletes will be fine. That's a 7:00 game time in San Jose, and they'll have been there a couple days. Plus, these kids probably have the greatest amount of energy after 10:00 at night. It's great to be young.

As for us old farts...we need a nap after work!

I'm pretty sure it's CBS/Turner that picks the times. The NCAA has nothing to do with it. When you pay over a billion dollars a year for something, that's generally something that you get to be in charge of.

Let your kids stay up late. Seriously. I know they'll be tired on Friday, but it's Friday. You'll also probably appreciate it later on because they will remember it, and so will you. Not to get too sappy but that's no small thing. You only get so many chances to do things that both you and your kids will remember for twenty years in a positive way. Consider this post a permission slip from Brew. They can stay up. I said it was okay!
    Last edited by xubrew; 03-20-2017 at 10:20 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Arizona has been facing crappy game times all year. The PAC-12 semifinal game started at 9:30 PM PT