Holy Crap (Don't know what else to title it)

This is where we all kind of expected to be back in October!! The road we took to get here wasn't quite the way we originally routed the trip, but we got there!!

I think I'm more relieved than thrilled. When we missed the front end of that one-and-one I was having flashbacks to another NCAA Tournament game against another former coach of another team that was heavily favored in the game's final possession, and my only thought was "Not again!!" When Trier let it go, I thought Arizona had gone ahead. But...THEY DIDN'T! I still would have felt better had we hit the freethrows.

This year is last year inverted. Last year we started the season off unranked, then had an outstanding regular season and we all thought we belonged in the Elite Eight, but went out early. This year we started off ranked in the top ten, then by the end of February there was talk of missing the field entirely. Yet, now we're in the Elite Eight

This has to rank up there among Xavier's most satisfying wins of all time. It might be #1. The win against Louisville in 2004 will always top my list for selfish reasons, but again, those are selfish reasons. That win did not put us into an Elite Eight, and it did not come against a highly ranked team that we weren't expected to beat after a tumultuous season.

Wow! HOLY CRAP!!!
    Last edited by xubrew; 03-24-2017 at 12:50 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

All-Conference
    The way this program constantly exceeds expectations is so gratifying in this city. I'm so glad I'm a Xavier fan.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    This is where we all kind of expected to be back in October!! The road we took to get here wasn't quite the way we originally routed the trip, but we got there!!

I think I'm more relieved than thrilled. When we missed the front end of that one-and-one I was having flashbacks to another NCAA Tournament game against another former coach of another team that was heavily favored in the game's final possession, and my only thought was "Not again!!" When Trier let it go, I thought Arizona had gone ahead. But...THEY DIDN'T! I still would have felt better had we hit the freethrows.

This year is last year inverted. Last year we started the season off unranked, then had an outstanding regular season and we all thought we belonged in the Elite Eight, but went out early. This year we started off ranked in the top ten, then by the end of February there was talk of missing the field entirely. Yet, now we're in the Elite Eight

This has to rank up there among Xavier's most satisfying wins of all time. It might be #1. The win against Louisville in 2004 will always top my list for selfish reasons, but again, those are selfish reasons. That win did not put us into an Elite Eight, and it did not come against a highly ranked team that we weren't expected to beat after a tumultuous season.

Wow! HOLY CRAP!!!
    still writing the script.......