Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Redemption & Ascension

On the cusp of spring, as the calendar turns to March, the chance for redemption and the time for glory arrives.

“We write the script” says Coach Mack. The many trials and tribulations of the season are now past. It is the time for another chapter in Xavier lore.

How far Xavier has come and so many who built it. Xavier is the penniless coming to these shores and making dreams real from nothing. Xavier is building a nation. Xavier is America.

Battered, bruised and beaten down, we yet March On. As we hit the floor tonight, fulfill the redemption and seize the glory. We are on Father Hoff’s arc ever ascending.

OUR LADY OF VICTORY (PARKWAY)……
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    On the cusp of spring, as the calendar turns to March, the chance for redemption and the time for glory arrives.

“We write the script” says Coach Mack. The many trials and tribulations of the season are now past. It is the time for another chapter in Xavier lore.

How far Xavier has come and so many who built it. Xavier is the penniless coming to these shores and making dreams real from nothing. Xavier is building a nation. Xavier is America.

Battered, bruised and beaten down, we yet March On. As we hit the floor tonight, fulfill the redemption and seize the glory. We are on Father Hoff’s arc ever ascending.

OUR LADY OF VICTORY (PARKWAY)……
    ....Pray for us.

When you compare the job that CMack has done with this team (and yeah, I know. I take potshots at timeouts and not taking a foul) with the job that guys like Wojo, McDermott and Cooley did under the bright lights, it is striking.

Talk about resiliency and toughness? We saw it first hand in New York where these guys were locked in despite being short handed. It took a ridiculous shooting performance by Creighton to knock us out..and it didn't hurt us as to the tournament.

As opposed to last year, this team is kind of pieces and parts, and for much of the season, that is sort of how they performed...Piecemeal. But they got their togetherness on in New York and it's come to this.

Who knows how tonight will go? We certainly have a chance but no matter. We can once again be proud of the Xavier University basketball program. Done the"Right Way" truly again. In Chris Mack I trust.

By the way. Overall Reps to American X for his performance in the Postseason. Dude is on Fire with his takes.

It's AmeX's time of the year. You do You, Brother!
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 03-18-2017 at 06:23 AM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

March..........the time to peak.

All-Conference
    Q and Gates coming out party today.

Tre and JP their regular selves.

Everyone else plays their role.

We ride.

Suggested pre game viewing:

The Run
    Braveheart
    Rocky IV
    The Karate Kid (original)
    Caddyshack

And Hoosiers or the Texas western game over UK which happens to be available on the NCAA app
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

In the Year of our Lord 2017, patriots of Victory Parkway - undersized and outnumbered - charged the fields of Orlando. They fought like warrior poets; they fought like Musketeers, and won the day!

Some of our fellow fans in heaven are really pulling the strings now.

- - - - - - -

I watched it with some FSU fans. They know Xavier. They were pretty low key as the game started.

I simply said that Hamilton could obviously recruit, but that I'll take Chris Mack as my coach every time.

I figured we had a chance to rattle them early and perhaps hang on for a win. I - no one - saw this beatdown coming. Loved every minute of it.
    X A V I E R

In postseason play under Chris Mack, which includes Atlantic 10 and Big East Conference tournaments, as well as the NCAA Tournament, Xavier is 18-13 in Mack's eight seasons.

That's gettin' er done when it counts folks. Now to run that f-ing Lexus into a gulch in the desert sand. Screw the Raccoon!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Some of our fellow fans in heaven are really pulling the strings now.

- - - - - - -

I watched it with some FSU fans. They know Xavier. They were pretty low key as the game started.

I simply said that Hamilton could obviously recruit, but that I'll take Chris Mack as my coach every time.

I figured we had a chance to rattle them early and perhaps hang on for a win. I - no one - saw this beatdown coming. Loved every minute of it.
    I talked with some FSU fans on the way out of the Amway Center, more like listened. The hatred for their coach is amazing (of course that was after the beatdown) but also more succinctly they complained how he recruited athletes as opposed to Mack recruiting players, smart players.

Mack designed a defensive strategy that went directly at their strength, their nickname is "Dunk City" the readio team says it after every dunk, they keep track of how many dunks each player has on the season. Mack and his men all but shut that down, he saw in Thursday's game how cold they were from the perimeter and dared them to shoot from there. Somehow he instilled a confidence, a swagger, in our men before the game even began, and it worked! All hail to the Mack!