Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Crean Out At IU

Also, these coaching hires often leave me scratching my head.
    As I certainly don't know Mack's long term goals (and they could change as the years go by), no one would be surprised if he took a higher profile job.
    What would surprise me would be if Indiana chose Miller over Mack (assuming they don't ask Mack and he turns them down).
    Mack's consistent track record/recruiting is clearly better.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The headline is wrong. She didn't get kicked out. And IU should DEFINITELY hire Gregg Marshall. But that assumes winning is important to them.
    IU cannot hire him unless he gets divorced. I guess we know why Marshall is stuck in Wichita, KS now and not in the big leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 200 View Post
    I guess we know why Marshall is stuck in Wichita, KS now and not in the big leagues.
    Because he likes it here, is paid an assload of money and has turned down a bunch of "better" jobs.

If IU is going to let this silliness get in their way, they'll deserve the disappointment that will inevitably be not far behind.

Indiana needs to hirer Steve Alford or Brad Stevens and stay the hell away from Chris Mack.

Crean Out At IU

Quote Originally Posted by Irishjohn68 View Post
    Indiana needs to hirer Steve Alford or Brad Stevens and stay the hell away from Chris Mack.
    It ain't gonna be Stevens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    It ain't gonna be Stevens.

And if it's Alford, then you can just immediately start the rumors of Mack to UCLA!

Quote Originally Posted by xu2002 View Post
    And if it's Alford, then you can just immediately start the rumors of Mack to UCLA!
    Yep.......but a move there is much less likely b/c of it being 3,000 miles away. He doesn't recruit in that area today. His family is from the Midwest......

Long shot IMHO

Couple that with the fact Mack has been a Nike guy for a while now at XU and UCLA is moving to Under Armour. I am most afraid of this IU job and the future Louisville job opening. If he doesn't go to IU and Alford takes it, Louisville would be stupid not to make a run at Mack.

Quote Originally Posted by xu2002 View Post
    Nope. Can you imagine Mack vs. Lavar Ball?
    2023 Sweet 16

Crean Out At IU

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Yep.......but a move there is much less likely b/c of it being 3,000 miles away. He doesn't recruit in that area today. His family is from the Midwest......

Long shot IMHO
    Long shot, yes. Also I think they will either want a HUGE name with LA recruiting ties (Miller; maybe Shaka) or someone from the family (Earl Watson).

But Chris seriously considered Cal so I don't think geography would be a sole disqualifying factor.