Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Crean Out At IU

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I love to spend other people's money, but I just can't see opening up my OWN wallet to make a donation to make sure a guy who already makes a LOT more money than I do gets a substantial raise. Maybe once the mortgate is zero, the kids' college funds are fully funded, and the retirement account is fully funded. But that day's not today.
    Yeah but if every Xavier grad kicked in a couple hundred bucks a year, that's a lot of dough that could be generated. I don't honestly think that's a lot to ask of most people who have a college degree and are working full time. Particularly those that enjoy the basketball program and are fans.

I do see though how spoiled we are as fans when we have season ticket holders threatening to cancel seats if they get moved a few rows. It's pretty damn concerning to say the least.

Open up you wallets and chip in a few hundred bucks towards the AFO for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Yeah but if every Xavier grad kicked in a couple hundred bucks a year, that's a lot of dough that could be generated. I don't honestly think that's a lot to ask of most people who have a college degree and are working full time. Particularly those that enjoy the basketball program and are fans.

I do see though how spoiled we are as fans when we have season ticket holders threatening to cancel seats if they get moved a few rows. It's pretty damn concerning to say the least.

Open up you wallets and chip in a few hundred bucks towards the AFO for crying out loud.
    Any money I give is going to the university general fund. If they want to use some of it to pay the head basketball coach, so be it. But I'm not giving 5 bucks for the sole purpose of making a man far wealthier than me even more wealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    Could someone refresh my memory on that Home City Ice endowment that "funds" his salary?
    Any money I give is going to the university general fund. If they want to use some of it to pay the head basketball coach, so be it. But I'm not giving 5 bucks for the sole purpose of making a man far wealthier than me even more wealthy.
    Maybe just buy a bag of ice:

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...from-home.html
    2023 Sweet 16

Then we risk losing him and no one knows what the next guy up can/will do. I feel pretty damn good that CM is doing the right things and has the program headed on a great trajectory. For a couple hundred bucks a year, that's worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I'll buy some ice, and I always rent uniforms from Cintas! Every time I rent uniforms, that is (which is never).

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Then we risk losing him and no one knows what the next guy up can/will do. I feel pretty damn good that CM is doing the right things and has the program headed on a great trajectory. For a couple hundred bucks a year, that's worth it to me.
    Honestly, if the type of program Mack would leave for (very small group) comes calling at this point and he wants to go, there's going to be nothing Xavier can do to match the money.

"The Iceman cometh" Problem solved. lol
    2023 Sweet 16

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Honestly, if the type of program Mack would leave for (very small group) comes calling at this point and he wants to go, there's going to be nothing Xavier can do to match the money.
    This...if he leaves for the payday, can you blame him? But at the same time, I'm sure he's living very comfortably here in Cincy. I don't think Mack leaves SOLELY for the money. There may come a time where he feels stale at Xavier and needs a change. Right now doesn't seem to be that time. He's not going to go JUST because they can pay him more.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    No one is trying to match what a larger school with more $$ could pay him. It's all about making sure Mack feels as though he's being paid what he's worth. Get somewhere near 2 MM a year which would put him in the Top 20 of his profession...which is what he deserves.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...ketball/coach/

I'm in the camp that is growing more and more naive and believing Coach Mack will be here forever. He really is different than the guys who came before him. He's from Cincinnati, went to St. X, went to Xavier, etc.. There's definitely something to that. No one can really theorize about what they would or wouldn't do if they were in Coach Mack's shoes unless they're actually in his shoes, but wow, coaching at Xavier and making close to $2M vs. going somewhere completely foreign to you, packing up your family and starting over at a new school? I really do think he'll stay. But, obviously you can't blame him for making the jump if it means setting his family up for the rest of their lives, and the lives of his grand kids, etc..

I will point out that Coach Mack leaving after this season would set us back a good 3-4 years if the recruiting class were to fall apart. That would be completely detrimental. Coach Steele moving into the HC role could help salvage some of that, but heyooo we don't need him bolting after this season especially.