Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Crean Out At IU

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    You guys should venture over to the Georgetown board. You cant even hint at JT3 being fired without it being deleted. They have to talk about it in such a roundabout way for their threads not to get deleted.
    Hahaha, what board is it?

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Well, you kinda glossed over the biggest reason, money. Mack could probably double or even triple his salary at IU. IU has better facilities, resources, recruiting base, prestige you name it. There are still a lot of recruits who would go to a place like IU but not X (See Kris Wilkes in 2017). Imagine how Mack would clean up in Indiana if he was coaching in Bloomington.

Not a knock on Xavier AT ALL, X is a fantastic job as well, but IU is a great job, on court success or lack thereof aside (although even in the Davis/Sampson/Crean era, IU went to the title game, IU was #1 in the country for a stretch and a 1 seed, things X has never matched). How many jobs out there are better? A handful at most. We all hate the Buick/Lexus comparison, but let's be honest, it is easier to consistently field a championship contending team at IU than it is at X. Again, not knocking X, but IU is one of the 10 or so places where I feel it's hard to even debate that point.

I don't think IU will offer the job to Mack this time around, but I really do think if it came to that, it wouldn't be too tough of a decision.
    Could not disagree more. IU a top job? Nope. Maybe 20 years ago.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    I feel very confident that basically everyone in the coaching industry disagrees with you. How many jobs are better? People always have a hard time separating how good the team is from how good the job is. I think my position will prove true with the upcoming hire.
    Last edited by AviatorX; 03-19-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Hahaha, what board is it?
    http://hoyatalk2.proboards.com/

Not sure how many they have but it is the one above also linked at the bottom of our board.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

i reside in the murky dreams of drug addled women.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    You guys should venture over to the Georgetown board. You cant even hint at JT3 being fired without it being deleted. They have to talk about it in such a roundabout way for their threads not to get deleted.
    oh great, now I have to worry about Georgetown?

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    IU is without any question a Top 20 job. Great tradition, big pay and rabid fan base. Add to that great facilities.

Now, is it the job it was 25 years ago? Maybe not, but its still a great job.

IU is truly a sleeping giant. The right coach could quickly have it back to a top five program.

Calipari at Kentucky level of success might be a stretch, but could definitely approach Pitino reinvigorating Louisville.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

It's interesting how folks have widely different views on how good job Indiana is. I guess that means its in the second tier, below UNC, Duke, UK, Kansas, maybe others. If the Macks enjoy city life, then IU is less attractive since Bloomington is somewhat isolated. Big Ten and Big East are close to equal conferences, with much better road trips in the Big East.

Hopefully we get the cash up high enough that the other factors come into play.

Crean out at IU

I've looked through the logs. I don't see that this other thread ever existed. Are you sure you actually hit submit? I mean we were all really "celebratory" last night. Maybe you never submitted it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Mack should be one of the best paid coaches in college basketball. I hope with the Sedler money, he's making north of 2 MM a year.