Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Crean Out At IU

Okay relevancy or whether you like it or not does not play a factor. Timing wasn't the best but that doesn't change the principle. If you don't like it then just ignore it and it drops from page 1 into the doldrums never to be seen again. It shouldn't be removed though.

And the only reason I posted it was I just thought it would be an interesting question to pose to the group. My buddy and I were having some celebratory drinks when he brought it up so I put the thought on here. No harm intended

Muskie the thread was titled, "The scariest part."
    Last edited by stammina0721; 03-19-2017 at 11:10 AM.

I would just ban your silly ass.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    I would just ban your silly ass.
    Lol if your going fishing your gonna need better bait

Yeah, it's Me that's trolling...

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    Meh. Wouldn't be the way I'd want to celebrate. But I don't see the harm in having the thread. We all know how to ignore things on the internet. I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    totally agree with this. It's weird if that's what you want to talk about the moment after one of our biggest tourney wins in 5+ years, but who cares? When you have a level of success, you're always going to have teams that want your coach. That's the sign of a good program (at a school with less-than cash reserves). It's hard to deny anyone a higher prestige job where they can double their salary immediately, so if he's offered it and wants it, I wish him the best.

These things aren't worth worrying about until it's a done deal IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    totally agree with this. It's weird if that's what you want to talk about the moment after one of our biggest tourney wins in 5+ years, but who cares? When you have a level of success, you're always going to have teams that want your coach. That's the sign of a good program (at a school with less-than cash reserves). It's hard to deny anyone a higher prestige job where they can double their salary immediately, so if he's offered it and wants it, I wish him the best.

These things aren't worth worrying about until it's a done deal IMO.
    Hey like I said I just posed it cause my buddy and I were out celebrating with a few drinks and he is an IU guy and brought it up. Just thought his idea was interesting to bring up. But like I said, no harm was intended

Probably no harm was intended by deleting the thread either. So all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Yeah, it's Me that's trolling...
    If the shoe fits. Taking down the thread is chickshit.

Seriously, I had the same thought, along with my euphoria: more than one school is going to be coming after Mack. Hard. It is scary for Xavier fans. Reality tempers our gladitude.

I also had the thought of whether MOR is already coming up with a Beaknose/RacoonEyes sobriquet for Mack if he takes one of the heavily baited hooks, and leaves. I'm hoping we can be more gracious the next time we lose a coach.

On the merits, why would Mack leave the studs he has coming back and coming in -- even losing both Tre and Ed -- to rescue some Glory Days U? The timing isnt right.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Coach Mack as bigger things to worry about, like beating Arizona.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I'm sure IU fans are still pouting that boy wonder Brad Stevens wants nothing to do with that job right now.

What WOULD be interesting would be if they make a run at Sean Miller instead of Archie Miller. If he were to take that job, Xavier's pipeline into Indiana recruits would get thinner.