Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Crean Out At IU

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Let's be realistic, IU is a hard job to turn down for anyone.
    Really, why would Mack go to IU? He already recruits better in Indiana than IU, has a better track record both in and post season. There are better jobs that may get Mack's attention, namely Louisville and UK. The only thing that is better about the IU job versus Xavier is money, and these days that isn't that big a delta these days. IU hasn't done squat for 30 years and have become a perennial shell of their Bob Knight selves.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Guys, Alford is going to be the number 1 choice. This is his best UCLA team and Ball is going pro this year. The timing is actually right for him to move over. Just like Harbaugh got a second shot at Michigan I see the same could happen here.?

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Guys, Alford is going to be the number 1 choice. This is his best UCLA team and Ball is going pro this year. The timing is actually right for him to move over. Just like Harbaugh got a second shot at Michigan I see the same could happen here.?
    Have to agree with AZ Grad.

My brother in law isn't a prominent donor in the millions, but he and his family have given enough to have lower level seats center court. All the buzz right now is about Alford, and they all believe that he will come home where he belongs.

Now nobody mentioned that perhaps Alford might be happy at UCLA, or that Alford might think it is a better job, because in Hoosier-land, the IU job is obviously what Alford wanted all along.

I have followed IU hoops my whole life. My parents were big IU fans. I was a big fan of Robert Montgomery Knight. I would like to see Alford come home too.

Alford is the only thing on their radar right now.

Should Mack be? Probably. And If IU calls, Chris Mack will pick up that phone. That is a phone call that even if you say no it is an honor to take. They consider themselves a Top 5 program and I think they are right. It is big time and big money, and their hoops are legendary.

I am afraid of schools like Louisville and Indiana. But the good thing is that we haven't made a Final Four, and the fans of those schools don't even have Mack on their radar. Think of how Mack recruits here, then think if he was at U of L. But they don't look at it that way. When there was talk of Pitino getting pushed out, Macks name never came up. Crean is a prick but he made the Final Four.

I never want to lose Mack, for the record. I fully support the coach.
    Last edited by Snipe; 03-19-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

What's the Deal?

Mack isn't leaving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

I think the XHoops policy (rightfully so imho) has been not to talk about coaching changes @ X unless there is actual news on the matter. i.e. Miller flying to AZ, etc. Players and Fans don't want to read speculative hype about their coach leaving in the middle of a Dance run.
    2023 Sweet 16

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I think the XHoops policy (rightfully so imho) has been not to talk about coaching changes @ X unless there is actual news on the matter. i.e. Miller flying to AZ, etc. Players and Fans don't want to read speculative hype about their coach leaving in the middle of a Dance run.
    then...don't click the thread? I'm sure plenty of UCLA fans are talking about Alford's ties to the opening.

Quote Originally Posted by vee4xu View Post
    Really, why would Mack go to IU? He already recruits better in Indiana than IU, has a better track record both in and post season. There are better jobs that may get Mack's attention, namely Louisville and UK. The only thing that is better about the IU job versus Xavier is money, and these days that isn't that big a delta these days. IU hasn't done squat for 30 years and have become a perennial shell of their Bob Knight selves.
    Well, you kinda glossed over the biggest reason, money. Mack could probably double or even triple his salary at IU. IU has better facilities, resources, recruiting base, prestige you name it. There are still a lot of recruits who would go to a place like IU but not X (See Kris Wilkes in 2017). Imagine how Mack would clean up in Indiana if he was coaching in Bloomington.

Not a knock on Xavier AT ALL, X is a fantastic job as well, but IU is a great job, on court success or lack thereof aside (although even in the Davis/Sampson/Crean era, IU went to the title game, IU was #1 in the country for a stretch and a 1 seed, things X has never matched). How many jobs out there are better? A handful at most. We all hate the Buick/Lexus comparison, but let's be honest, it is easier to consistently field a championship contending team at IU than it is at X. Again, not knocking X, but IU is one of the 10 or so places where I feel it's hard to even debate that point.

I don't think IU will offer the job to Mack this time around, but I really do think if it came to that, it wouldn't be too tough of a decision.
    Last edited by AviatorX; 03-19-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    I put up a thread last night and now it is gone. It was not moved. It was not edited. It was outright deleted. What is the deal? There was no curse words, name calling or anything offensive. The only thing it did was ask a question on whether this win moves Mack to the top of Indiana's list and it got censored. I hope that was a mistake and that level of censorship is not condoned on this site. I'd like an admin to get and explain why that thread was taken down
    I do not recall deleting such a thread. If you wanted to talk about the IU job, you could have just posted a comment in the thread about the IU job. In fact, I am merging this thread with that thread now.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I think you are describing how a reporter at the Enquirer would have to cover the coaching carousel. This is a fan message board.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    You guys should venture over to the Georgetown board. You cant even hint at JT3 being fired without it being deleted. They have to talk about it in such a roundabout way for their threads not to get deleted.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17