Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NIT 2016-2017 Thread

First-round play is scheduled for Tuesday, March 14 and Wednesday, March 15, with the second round running March 16-20. Quarterfinals will be held on March 21 and 22, and four teams will advance to New York City for the semifinals on Tuesday, March 28. The NIT will conclude with the championship game on Thursday, March 30. The semifinal and championship games will be played at New York’s historic Madison Square Garden for the 80th year.
    First-round action, on campus sites, features No. 1 seeds California, Illinois State, Iowa and Syracuse hosting CSU Bakersfield, UC Irvine, South Dakota and UNCG respectively.
    Other first-round games include Belmont at Georgia, Akron at Houston, Valparaiso at Illinois, Oakland at Clemson, Indiana at Georgia Tech, UT Arlington at BYU, Boise State at Utah, Richmond at Alabama, Ole Miss at Monmouth, College of Charleston at Colorado State, Colorado at UCF, and Fresno State at TCU.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

If Fred Glass' handling of the NIT home game situation is a preview of what's to come in the event of a coaching search, IU is going to continue to be a running joke.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    If Fred Glass' handling of the NIT home game situation is a preview of what's to come in the event of a coaching search, IU is going to continue to be a running joke.
    . C'mon the kids are on Spring Break and the floors need to be buffed!!!!
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I haven't paid any attention to the NIT in years. THANK YOU XAVIER!

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    The way Glass explained it today basically made it seem like two weeks ago they had to decide: 1) do we want to participate in the NIT if invited? 2) do we want to host a game if qualified? How you can answer yes to #1 and no to #2 short of a major renovation (which obviously is not true as AH just underwent a massive one last year) is beyond me. God help IU.

Clemson has endured what was perhaps the most frustrating season that any team has ever gone through. It's over now. They're out of their misery.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Is Brad Brownell on the hot seat?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Is Brad Brownell on the hot seat?
    That would imply that Clemson fans have expectations in basketball. They could care less that they sold their souls for the football title this year.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    That would imply that Clemson fans have expectations in basketball. They could care less that they sold their souls for the football title this year.
    The same might be said about FSU, a possible....never mind. No jinx here. My sports freak son spent 5 years there (Masters, not party delayed), and said he was one of the only people he knew who went to a game, and that was just a couple his senior year. They do NOT care, and I don't know how they recruit. (FSU hotties was suggested, but I don't think that's the same as Louisville.)

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    For what it's worth, IU is hosting a women's NIT game on Thursday. I guess spring break was cut short just like the IU men's NIT run tonight in Atlanta.