Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank You

The man is holding me down: Reps.

It's all been good and there's more to come.

Thanks for the post.
    Warmly,
    "Mel"

Junior
    Never, ever apologize for taking advantage of the GI Bill and getting your education at UC. As much as we like to bash it, it's a good school and frankly it's the least our country can do for what you gave. I was a Bearcat fan for ONE DAY - the day my step-daughter chose UC (CCM) and it's $10K per year tuition over Butler ($40K) and IU ($35K). GO BEARCATS! Now then, after that day was over ...

I started being a serious fan in '88 when I started my MBA. So I can appreciate the rise but not as much perhaps as some others here who lived through the Union College days. Regardless, it means much more - rooting for your team as they rise and rise and rise. Those are fans for life. Now my son is a fan. He's 12. Countless and priceless moments have been made and many more in the future God willing, rooting for our beloved Muskies. It's the simple things in life that wind up meaning so much.

Now then, almost time to make some mock turtle soup!

GO MUSKIES!
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

I did my undergrad at X and took grad courses at UC. I competed for both schools..X on the D1 varsity level and UC on the club level. I attend UC football games as a season ticket holder and have attended many many BB games there over the last 40 years....but my HEART bleeds Xavier Blue and not red. I can't help it, I CARE about X and am damn proud to say that I have been around for the whole climb, the whole journey, and I am damn proud of all of the players, coaches, and administrators that have made this journey possible. Even more, I also share in the giving of thanks for all they have done to help the university I love become what it is today....on the court, on the campus, and in the community. M82....GREAT POST!

And thanks for reminding us '82 of what we are all a part of... Here! Here!

This historic week of Xavier basketball made me recall this excellent thread started by MuskieFan82.

I have that day between games during the NCAA Tournament feeling. Elation over the previous day's victory and unbound excitement over what lay ahead.

These are the days we have dreamed of.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    This historic week of Xavier basketball made me recall this excellent thread started by MuskieFan82.

I have that day between games during the NCAA Tournament feeling. Elation over the previous day's victory and unbound excitement over what lay ahead.

These are the days we have dreamed of.
    I disagree only in that, as I told my wife last evening.........back in the dark days of the 1970’s we couldn’t even have DREAMED of the heights that X has already reached. NOW that we can dream of reaching heights that were beyond what anyone could have ever imagined, and we have those dreams within our reach, I can’t even begin to describe the feeling to many others. But those of you that have been here for the whole journey, you understand.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 02-11-2018 at 08:00 AM.

Freshman
    Wow you guys. There's some dust in this thread... making my eyes water.

Sophomore
    the job of a coach is to lift you up when you are down and make you humble when you are world beaters. I think Mack is doing it by not getting involved with rankings, Villanova game, etc. It is still about "the 4 minute war". That is the only way we make the final 4. I trust in Mack and hope that we see Tyrique back for Seton Hall as I think he will still play a big role as he would be the big on the floor when we desperately need a stop. It is great to have a team worth rooting for and at 62 can't believe my daughters are at X excited about the sport I have loved since 1970. This is a true team effort the likes of which you seldom see.

For me, wins in the early days seemed even more satisfying than now. Maybe because more is expected from us these days. For me, these are hard to top.....Beating Evansville, IN Evansville, winning the MCC championship to get our 1st NCAA bid, beating Marquette and Ohio St. at the gardens in the NIT, the K St. and Missouri wins in the Big Dance, then our 1st S16 beating Mourning and Mutumbo, David West and Co smashing #1 St. Joes, then our 1st E8.....what a ride!!!!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 02-11-2018 at 10:17 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Some whiskey fumes.....a little shaky at the office.......a slightly euphoric feeling.....

Let me check the calendar.

Yep, it's March.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."