Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Another future hillbilly enjoying the killing of an animal. I have no problem killing for food bc I love meat. However you taking a picture with it like you're some sort of hero is pathetic. Hand to hand combat you can take a pic but gun vs nature?????
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    This is helpful information. For someone.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Another future hillbilly enjoying the killing of an animal.
    It's pretty interesting though, because I'm pretty sure I drank some Wild Turkey on April 28, 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Dayton got hosed by having to play Wichita State (which is fine). WSU gets UK if they win which isn't fair, really, to either WSU or UK. Crazy. I did; however, call NKU vs. UK after NKU won the Horizon (along with anyone else who was paying any attention at all, I'm sure). After I saw that matchup, when Dayton came up as a 7, I really thought X would be the 10 opposite them and was surprised it wasn't X.
    From WSU's perspective, this is a role reversals from a few years ago when UK was incorrectly seeded as an 8 or 9 and knocked them out as the 1st seed in the 2nd round.
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

Maryland (the state) is awesome.

The basketball team? Not so much. They got off to a scorching start and their Frosh were overachieving a bit. They have some very talented freshman and their future is bright. This year was a transitional year for MD and were not anticipated to be this good.

Trimble is fantastic, but can be very hot and cold. His ability to get to the rim and FT line is pretty much second to none and we will have to limit blocking fouls on Trimble. They have a couple good frosh who are solid contributors, but no one who is elite.

Their biggest weakness? Finishing games. They have folded down the stretch time and time again. Their inability to close out teams is their achilles heel...which is good because that's a critical weakness in the NCAAs. We have improved on that, but of course this used to also be one of our primary weaknesses.
    Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football and Xavier Basketball.........Doesn't get much better than that.

Maryland also lost their big man, Michael Cecovsky a few weeks ago. We should absolutely control the boards in this one. Anything else would be a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreX View Post
    Maryland also lost their big man, Michael Cecovsky a few weeks ago. We should absolutely control the boards in this one. Anything else would be a disappointment.
    Yeah this is a good point. We seem to struggle with teams with a solid inside presence. MD's is nonexistent, which is great for us.
    Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football and Xavier Basketball.........Doesn't get much better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew's Crew View Post
    Yeah this is a good point. We seem to struggle with teams with a solid inside presence. MD's is nonexistent, which is great for us.
    true but MD's guards might be superior to X's. If X plays D, and does not get in foul trouble, then X has a chance.
    MD will send waves of players at X. Make freethrows and do not run unless there is a wide lane in transition for an easy 2.

If Dez comes in the arena with a MD jersey, they should treat it like a WWF entrance
    Run the table.

Sophomore
    From talking to people/friends that are fans/alumni of that school inside the capital beltway (I won't call it by its name), they are genuinely nervous for this game and are not at all confident. Both that school and Xavier had a difficult end to the season, but where we found out legs again in the BE tournament, that school did not.