Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

General NCAA Tourney Talk

Thought I'd make a thread for general tourney talk for throughout the tourney.

I saw Bilas arguing for Syracuse on ESPN for way too long. Gross. They seriously spent the first 20 10-15 mins on Syracuse. Barf.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post

I saw Bilas arguing for Syracuse on ESPN for way too long. Gross. They seriously spent the first 20 10-15 mins on Syracuse. Barf.
    It's Bilas, so yes.....barf.

Like our first two round matchups better than UC, Dayton or Northern Kentucky... :)

It seems like Mick got a little payback for saying what everyone knows - along with general seeding, the NCAA and CBS are in it for the money. (Cronin referred to it as selling tickets, but that still makes it all about the money.) Facing UCLA in the second round is a tough matchup for UC.

In contrast, we should be able to handle Maryland and give Florida State all they want. Go X!

This is cool, but doesn't help us a lot.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...espn:frontpage
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Bilas doesn't think enough "basketball people" are on the committee. I guess because the game of basketball is very difficult to understand.

Yesterday Bilas observed that Jalen Brunson is a good player.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post

I threw up a little in my mouth when Boeheim cited Cuse's BPI as a reason they should have been included.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    This is cool, but doesn't help us a lot.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...espn:frontpage
    That's actually pretty cool. I think an 11 seed should be happy to see a 49% chance of winning against a 6 seed, but I'm hoping for better. As someone pointed out, Sagarin has us at 32 and them at 42. I want to see us play FSU.

All-Conference
    They are all in bed together...that's why Bilas is always the schill for the big boys. Nothing makes me happier than Boeheim likely calling someone to complain tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I threw up a little in my mouth when Boeheim cited Cuse's BPI as a reason they should have been included.
    He also cited head to head which isn't something the committee considers. He also said that the season started slow because of their NC SOS which was in the 200s on KenPom.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    They are all in bed together...that's why Bilas is always the schill for the big boys. Nothing makes me happier than Boeheim likely calling someone to complain tonight.
    Only twice in 41 years has Boeheim lost 14 games in a season... it's been the last two seasons.