Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Ekiyor

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Well, he did have a pending violation for a hit and run incident that wasn't completely cleared up when he committed to Xavier. There was word that had something to do with him leaving Xavier. I'm not 100% on the details though.

I'm sure Mack knew about his legal situation when he was recruiting him.
    Something else happened at Xavier that resulted in his being asked to leave the program. It had nothing to do with what happened earlier.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Something else happened at Xavier that resulted in his being asked to leave the program. It had nothing to do with what happened earlier.
    He flirt with Myles davis' girlfriend or sleep with an assistant coaches wife or something?

I've heard things about why he left. Glad he's gone regardless of how good the kid is on the court.
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Pimp

Eddie Ekiyor

Quote Originally Posted by pimpinthebox View Post
    I've heard things about why he left. Glad he's gone regardless of how good the kid is on the court.
    X10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I NEVER heard that there were any issues at X. At home, absolutely, and I believe he had some legal issues still pending, and was on incredibly thin ice up there to the point that if he messed up in the slightest, the punishment was going to be severe. The family supposedly wanted him closer to home as a way of monitering him.

He was a legit 4* 4/5 combo with elite athleticism and a refined offensive arsenal for his age. Not just a dunker/put back/junk baller. He possessed a nice 10-12 jumper who coud run the court and was an exceptional finisher. Exactly what we needed, and it would have allowed T Jones a chance to redshirt.

These are the type of Centers we, for whatever reason, have not been able to pull in for the last 3-4 recruitng cycles. Taurean Thompson, IMO, is the prototypical 5 we need, and was essentially a week away from getting him until his hometown team entered the fray (Syracuse, he's avg 8.5 pts/6reb). Same with Sterling Manley. We were the leaders and he was looking to end his recruitment, and lo and f*cking behold, his dream school, and Roy Williams have an in home. I LOVE Tyrique, but he has never been labeled, classified, recruited as, or supposed to play the 5. He's a pure 4 and his listed stats are complete BS. X has him listed at 6'9/243. His real stats, 6'7/230. You can't not love this kid as he just continues to bust his ass, does what the coaches tell him to do (playing out of position), and his interior moves have improved exponentially.
    Last edited by jaxalum; 03-13-2017 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpinthebox View Post
    I'm hearing things.
    What things?
    You know...things.

Regression toward the mean
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxalum View Post
    I LOVE Tyrique, but he has never been labeled, classified, recruited as, or supposed to play the 5. He's a pure 4 and his listed stats are complete BS. X has him listed at 6'9/243. His real stats, 6'7/230. You can't not love this kid as he just continues to bust his ass, does what the coaches tell him to do (playing out of position), and his interior moves have improved exponentially.
    He's a 5.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxalum View Post
    I NEVER heard that there were any issues at X. At home, absolutely, and I believe he had some legal issues still pending, and was on incredibly thin ice up there to the point that if he messed up in the slightest, the punishment was going to be severe. The family supposedly wanted him closer to home as a way of monitering him.
    I have no idea one way or the other, but because you have never heard anything does not mean that others have not. You don't know what you don't know. And that is not to say there is truth to this, just that IF true, I don't want to sell our collective soul for "a true 5".

Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    He's a 5.
    Yeah Tyrique is pretty much as much of a 5 as possible. I read somewhere that he's closer to a 6 than a 4.