Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Ekiyor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Eddie Ekiyor

Eddie Ekiyor is a freshman starter for Carlton University of Ottawa, Canada. Carlton U. is undefeated (19-0) so far and is now playing McGill in the semi-final of the championship playoff. I wish he had stayed with us.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Eddie Ekiyor is a freshman starter for Carlton University of Ottawa, Canada. Carlton U. is undefeated (19-0) so far and is now playing McGill in the semi-final of the championship playoff. I wish he had stayed with us.
    That team destroyed some teams from the states, including Wichita State by 25, prior to this season

So how is Eddie doing? That was all very unfortunate. Hope it all goes well for him.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    So how is Eddie doing? That was all very unfortunate. Hope it all goes well for him.
    Eddie is doing fine as a freshman. He is shooting 58.8% and averages 9.5 pts and 6.4 rebounds per game.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Eddie is doing fine as a freshman. He is shooting 58.8% and averages 9.5 pts and 6.4 rebounds per game.
    Very impressive!

That loss hurt, as I think Ekiyor could have offered more as a freshman than Tyrique, and I think Tyrique could have benefitted from a redshirt.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    That loss hurt, as I think Ekiyor could have offered more as a freshman than Tyrique, and I think Tyrique could have benefitted from a redshirt.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Just one more thing that went wrong that I can't blame on Mack. The future is bright, even if some things went sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Just one more thing that went wrong that I can't blame on Mack. The future is bright, even if some things went sideways.

Well, he did have a pending violation for a hit and run incident that wasn't completely cleared up when he committed to Xavier. There was word that had something to do with him leaving Xavier. I'm not 100% on the details though.

I'm sure Mack knew about his legal situation when he was recruiting him.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Well, he did have a pending violation for a hit and run incident that wasn't completely cleared up when he committed to Xavier. There was word that had something to do with him leaving Xavier. I'm not 100% on the details though.

I'm sure Mack knew about his legal situation when he was recruiting him.
    Exactly. We'll probably never know the whole truth, and probably shouldn't. My point is just imagine X now with Myles, Ed and a guy good enough to allow Tyrique to redshirt.

No doubt, he had really good size and a lot of potential. If he was good enough to allow Tyrique to redshirt, it would have been an ideal situation.