Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Ugh, couldn't even bring myself back to the board for a couple of days. That loss sucked. But what a season. And this guy is a huge reason why it turned out the way it did. I just had a couple more thoughts on Malcolm.

First off, credit to Whopper for coining the term Malcolm's Lament earlier in the month. This is how the post-Marquette loss press conference and subsequent turn-around should heretofore be known in all recitations. This will be a special piece of Xavier Lore.

Second, to AmX's point:
    I hope that smile never leaves you.
    Thankfully, following the game, Malcolm tweeted the following:
    Love my teammates, coaches, fans and the memories I've made here! Thank you Xavier Nation from the bottom of my heart #team95 #StillSmilling
    (Emphasis mine.)

As far as lasting impacts by someone who is only with the team for one year, Malcolm's should not be understated. He left everything on the floor during this tournament run. The chasedown blocks, the timely threes. He came here for one reason, and he lived it. The words quoted by Tre in his Players' Tribune piece should be the rallying cry of any senior who ever puts on the Xavier jersey.

Malcolm's creed:
    I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me.

Malcolm Bernard is the kind of player you miss when he's not on the floor next year. His play during the Big East Tournament and NCAA's will be talked about for years to come. That guy left it all on the floor.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by X-ceptional View Post
    Ugh, couldn't even bring myself back to the board for a couple of days. That loss sucked. But what a season. And this guy is a huge reason why it turned out the way it did. I just had a couple more thoughts on Malcolm.

First off, credit to Whopper for coining the term Malcolm's Lament earlier in the month. This is how the post-Marquette loss press conference and subsequent turn-around should heretofore be known in all recitations. This will be a special piece of Xavier Lore.

Second, to AmX's point:

Thankfully, following the game, Malcolm tweeted the following:
    (Emphasis mine.)

As far as lasting impacts by someone who is only with the team for one year, Malcolm's should not be understated. He left everything on the floor during this tournament run. The chasedown blocks, the timely threes. He came here for one reason, and he lived it. The words quoted by Tre in his Players' Tribune piece should be the rallying cry of any senior who ever puts on the Xavier jersey.

Malcolm's creed:

"I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me."

Yes, Malcolm did deliver on his promise... and his words should be painted on the team's locker room wall. He was spectacular. Diving, blocking, hitting threes. Senior leadership as great as gets.

Sophomore
    I was shocked at the Marquette senior night..Trevon hurt for sure but it seemed like they expected a coronation and it was like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Malcolm say the season slipping and layed it all out on the line..it may have shocked JP, Trevon, Kaiser, Sean who were giving about 90%. It should be replayed next year to remind them of this great effort and how it must be re established next year because X will have a target like Villanova did. I am so happy in Conn(w 2 girls at X and have met Sister and Matt Stainbrook) and my Providence, Villanova and Seton hall friends tipped their hat. I even snuck onto mike Francesa before Arizona and said watch out for "Hoosiers" and a Jimmy Chitwood named Trevon. I am too old for this

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    I even snuck onto mike Francesa before Arizona and said watch out for "Hoosiers" and a Jimmy Chitwood named Trevon. I am too old for this
    Sports radio 66..... the FAN! WFAN!!!!
    Run the table.

I was shocked at the Marquette senior night..Trevon hurt for sure but it seemed like they expected a coronation and it was like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Malcolm say the season slipping and layed it all out on the line..it may have shocked JP, Trevon, Kaiser, Sean who were giving about 90%. It should be replayed next year to remind them of this great effort and how it must be re established next year because X will have a target like Villanova did. I am so happy in Conn(w 2 girls at X and have met Sister and Matt Stainbrook) and my Providence, Villanova and Seton hall friends tipped their hat. I even snuck onto mike Francesa before Arizona and said watch out for "Hoosiers" and a Jimmy Chitwood named Trevon. I am too old for this
    Ha! Great post.

Have had the pleasure of meeting Sister Rose and Matt as well - met Matt at Dana's one evening after he had finished and as he was trying out for the NBA.

You can wind down now. Treat yourself to a relaxing drive on the Merritt Parkway.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Malcolm Bernard is the kind of player you miss when he's not on the floor next year. His play during the Big East Tournament and NCAA's will be talked about for years to come. That guy left it all on the floor.
    Definitely, on the court....and in the locker room. It sounds like our "new senior" lived up to expectations there too. Thank you Malcolm!

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me."

Yes, Malcolm did deliver on his promise... and his words should be painted on the team's locker room wall. He was spectacular. Diving, blocking, hitting threes. Senior leadership as great as gets.
    Might have a new signature tag.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Sports radio 66..... the FAN! WFAN!!!!
    Mike probably thought we were in the A10 (if he even knew that) just kike he still thought Maryland was in the ACC. This just days after laughing off a caller who mistaknely thought Rutgers was still in the Big East.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Might have a new signature tag.
    I'll admit, it's a beautiful thing!