Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Malcolm Bernard!

I think it's time we give Malcolm some credit. Not a traditional senior, but he's doing what we've seen all 4 year Xavier seniors do in the past - come to play when it counts.

Scored 2 points in a 38 minute stretch over 2 games - and we all wanted him sent back to whatever crappy team he came from in Florida. He got benched. Instead of sulking, he's put together an incredible 5 game stretch. I knew he was playing well, but I honestly didn't realize he's been this good over the past 5.

12 pts, 6 boards, 50% FG, 42% from 3.

Yes, Tre won the game for us last night. He rightfully got his own thread, but let's give Malcolm some credit. He's playing like a senior who has never been to the NCAA tournament and desperately wants it.

To use an overused but applicable saying: Malcolm doesn't want to go home.
    Run the table.

It's not always pretty, but he adds a whole new dimension to this team when he can drive to the basket from the wing. Also, that right handed bounce pass he threw to Q on the break was fricken awesome. Keep bringing it Malcolm!

Malcolm is much, much more aggressive on offense now. I guess it just took him a while to 1) get comfortable and 2) play with some confidence.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Love it, props to Malcolm!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    I have no idea how he picked out that (right handed) bounce pass. I didn't even see the angle on TV. I thought it was definitely getting stolen. Impressive.

He had some big time rebounds last night where he basically rose above everyone else. He's been huge the past few weeks. Senior mode is a fun thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    To use an overused but applicable saying: Malcolm doesn't want to go home.
    Malcolm played a fantastic all around basketball game last night. His long range bounce pass to Q for a slam was a beautiful thing. Scoring, rebounding and defense. The guy did it all last night.

He and Sean O'Mara are the unsung heroes of last nights game. Outstanding stuff.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Yes, really happy the way Malcolm has played lately. We need him to keep it up. He's actually our best 3 pt shooter this year.

Good job Malcolm!

Sophomore
    His interview after Marquette turned the team around..he said "we dont even want to make the tournament". It was as close as you can come to calling your teammates out but he figured as a senior what have you got to lose". Hard to believe this was less than 2 weeks ago.. Great job
    http://www.cincinnati.com/videos/new...loss/98622390/