Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
    There are three appropriate ways to talk about field goal percentage: splits, effective field goal percentage, and true shooting percentage. Really, all three together is preferable just to give more information. Any use of raw field goal percentage is really dumb.

And MHettel can spout all this nonsense about not wanting to make obvious who was who, but really, it was because then his equivocation would have been exposed. Then, comparing Gates to Robinson would look really dumb, as one would see that Gates' effective field goal percentage and true shooting percentage are both almost 10% better than Robinson's.

I also love the false dichotomy established. Apparently finding this player comparison to be bullshit and unfair to Gates means people are also giving Gates a free pass.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Holy shit I thought I inadvertently clicked on Musketeer Madness. You all need some Xanax.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Enough. Merging with other Gates thread.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."