Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    You have to find more time for Kanter. The problem is, who do you sit? If I had to right now it's GAtes, but then he provides way more than Kanter on the defensive end.
    The solution comes from within. With this depth there is no need to pace oneself..there is not need not to take risks on the boards, fronting the post, running the floor (even O'Mara). Then everyone would be so tired they would begging for rest. You would increase deflections, get some more fast break/trailing baskets, and get more 50/50 balls. What I see now is a little bit of complacency in that "I have my role and minutes defined" and we are not getting the majority of effort plays (maybe losing 55/45). Flip that and you have probably a swing of 4-6 mpg

Kaiser hasn't been the same since the concussion. I hope he can pick it back up offensively. He can play defense against 3-4 positions. X will need contributions from everyone in order to make another great run in March.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    Kaiser hasn't been the same since the concussion. I hope he can pick it back up offensively. He can play defense against 3-4 positions. X will need contributions from everyone in order to make another great run in March.
    Cool, Maybe this thread can stay on topic. Why do you think/assume Saturday had anything to do with his concussion? He has always disappeared in stretches. but he was a ghost vs Pc. He has about 50 games left.......C'MON MAN!!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

I am perplexed! Is he in C Mack's doghouse? That can't be the case, he continues to get the start. Can't be the concussion thing for the same reason......he hits a BIG deep water 3 to pull us within 7 and promptly disappears. 14 minutes? That is half his average. Maybe Naj is killing him in practice and Coach is giving him his minutes. He gets the start for being an upperclassman. I guess that would make sense of it, otherwise, isn't he our best defender?
    Last edited by Xuperman; 01-11-2018 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    I am perplexed! Is he in C Mack's doghouse? That can't be the case, he continues to get the start. Can't be the concussion thing for the same reason......he hits a BIG deep water 3 to pull us within 7 and promptly disappears. 14 minutes? That is half his average. Maybe Naj is killing him in practice and Coach is giving him his minutes. He gets the start for being an upperclassman. I guess that would make sense of it, otherwise, isn't he our best defender?
    Ya I dont know what happened either. I asked myself over and over again where he was last night during the game.

He wasn't doing much on the offensive end or on the glass, so he didn't play a lot of minutes. That simple.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    He wasn't doing much on the offensive end or on the glass, so he didn't play a lot of minutes. That simple
    Not that simple. Again the 3 was pure nylon AND he shot it with confidence. That makes him the hot hand until proven not but he was pulled.

Not that simple. Again the 3 was pure nylon AND he shot it with confidence. That makes him the hot hand until proven not but he was pulled.
    Hot hand? He hit ONE three. He also only took two shots, which was the major problem. He has to get open to be useful. It he had been 1-5 from three so far instead of 1-2, he would have been more likely to stay in, because he was getting shots and long-term percentages would indicate that he'd start hitting. Instead, he was passive.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    It may be time to start Naji and move Tre to the four...we could use some athleticism and someone that doesn't just stand around the three point line in the starting lineup. I think by inserting Naji, it brings a little more balance to the lineup and I think he can handle it.

Most cringeworthy post of the day.