Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Remember when GW had an all United Nations team. Maybe not obscure but Vitaly Potopenko of Wright St.

Uwe Blab, played at IU in the early to mid 80's. Knight used to endlessly scream at him. He wasn't bad though.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Tim Duncan
    Dwayne Wade
    Chris Paul
    Carmelo Anthony
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by flatspat View Post
    Remember when GW had an all United Nations team. Maybe not obscure but Vitaly Potopenko of Wright St.
    Went to that game back in 95 when he beat us at the Nutter in the MCC tourney.

Pepe Sanchez
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Parrish Casebier. Played for Evansville back in the MCC days. Outside of Baskerville Holmes, quite possibly the best basketball name.
    Dallas Comegys. I think he played for DePaul for the entire decade of the 80's.
    Brian Cardinal, aka Kneepads.

Freshman
    For regular season play, the most obscure "one hit wonder" I can remember is Jeff "Big Deli" Salovski, UMass 2004-05. He only averaged 2.9 points a game that season, but when he played X the 6-11 "325lb" center was an unstoppable force. He went for 21 points/9 rebounds as UMass hung a road loss on X 90-86. Unbelievable. He left UMass after that season, transferred to Sacred Heart then got booted off the team before he even played another game.

Mark and Jeff Acres playing for their dad, Dick Acres, at Oral Roberts in the early 80's. Hated them.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Parrish Casebier. Played for Evansville back in the MCC days. Outside of Baskerville Holmes, quite possibly the best basketball name.
    Dallas Comegys. I think he played for DePaul for the entire decade of the 80's.
    Brian Cardinal, aka Kneepads.
    I was going to say Cardinal as well. Dude looked 40 at 20. He's had a pretty decent NBA career.

Quote Originally Posted by XU88 View Post
    For regular season play, the most obscure "one hit wonder" I can remember is Jeff "Big Deli" Salovski, UMass 2004-05. He only averaged 2.9 points a game that season, but when he played X the 6-11 "325lb" center was an unstoppable force. He went for 21 points/9 rebounds as UMass hung a road loss on X 90-86. Unbelievable. He left UMass after that season, transferred to Sacred Heart then got booted off the team before he even played another game.
    That game was the worst. Big Deli killed us.