Thread: Politics Thread

Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    All political postings shall go here until further notice. When the aftermath cools down, perhaps we will go back to the old way.
    I would like to inquire if the aftermath has cooled down, and we are allowed to go back to the old way.

I would also like to inquire if my other threads, the ones that were shut down, would be released.

I have been waiting awhile. Since November 9th actually.

I have not been allowed to start political threads on this forum since Trump got elected.

I want to ask your permission to post political threads on this website. And if you say no, that is fine, and I will not ask again. You have the opportunity to be rid of me forever.
    Last edited by Snipe; 03-11-2017 at 03:52 AM.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Trumpslide!!!!

Here is an example of a banned thread I started:

Trumpslide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I have had a few beers. It has been entertaining. At the end of the day, your country has racked up roughly 15 trillion in debt in the last 15 years. There is nothing that can save you now. Not Donald Trump, and not Hillary Clinton. It is already over.

On other news, Muskies could contend for the title. I love it too. Bread and Circuses of course!

Distractions are the best avoidance we have. If you think that Donald Trump signifies the end of America, don't worry, America ended long before Donald J Trump. candidate.

Now I will admit that Donald Trump is an asshole. He really is. I am more of a Mitt Romney kind of guy. But that is a respectable loser. I still love that guy and think he was the best candidate we ever had, and he hated Trump.

I would like to leave this space for you Democrats to finally vent seriously about how flawed Hillary Clinton was as a person, let alone a

I love you all, and I would like to apologize to those who took it personally and thought I made this some political vendetta. Politics are entertaining to me, but sadly my view is that America lost no matter who got elected.
    I don't know how many people disagree with this, but I don't think that many disagree with this violently. I called Trump an asshole. I stated that we are screwed no matter who takes office. Imagine if that person was Hilary Clinton. Even if you like her, do you think she is the ONE to change the trajectory?

I told people I love them all, and that it doesn't matter anyway, and this thread still got pulled. Read the words I said. Should my post have been banished from polite society? Did I transgress the unwritten law? It is silly. It has been four months. How do my words sound now, vs when you banned them and restricted all political speech.

If you want me to go away, just say so and it is a done deal. I respect and am fine with that. Just put it in words.

Couldn't you have at least waited until Lent was over?

Yeah. I think you are right. I was drunk and stupid when I posted this. Who cares
    Last edited by Snipe; 03-03-2017 at 02:58 PM.

I think they should have posting bans on me between 1;00 and 5:00 am. It would mitigate a lot of problems

I thought Snipe had snagged a plum spot in the vacuum at Breitbart.

He's actually been boycotting politics AND basketball posting because he can't sufficiently control the political narrative with his own thread titles? ��
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

This country looks more like a plutocracy and/or oligarchy every passing day.

Reuters: Banks spent record amounts on lobbying in recent election

"The financial sector spent $2.8 billion on political activity from the beginning of 2015 to the end of 2016, including $1.2 billion in campaign contributions – more than twice the amount given by any other business sector, according to the study from Americans for Financial Reform.

That works out to $3.7 million per member of Congress and is the most ever tracked by the group, which analyzed spending data going back to 1990.

Furthermore, the actual amount is probably higher, because it did not include so-called "dark money": funds donated to political advocacy by nonprofit groups."

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    I think they should have posting bans on me between 1;00 and 5:00 am. It would mitigate a lot of problems
    Maybe you can just delete your own politics thread since we already have one.
    2023 Sweet 16

I can't delete it, or at least find out how

Thank God we already have one though.

Moderators, feel free to delete@!