Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Harangody is third in points and second in rebounds (Derrick Coleman).

https://issuu.com/pflenke/docs/2016-17_mbb_media_guide

(Note that the records are for regular season conference games only)

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I just realized sports reference site is only going back to 92-93 for some reason. I kept looking for Ewing on the list and wasnt seeing him and thought that was weird so I am not sure if Harangoady is really second in points or not.
    Just caught that as well.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Sports reference goes back 8 years on total rebounding rate (it's a relatively new stat), but he's second all-time in that...behind our very own James Farr.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Harangody was a 4 year player. Tons of guys came through the "old Big East" that were one-and-done (or maybe 2 years) and probably had a higher average than Harangody but left early.

Also, as far as the record for most rebounds in conference games, don't forget that the current 10 team configuration means there are 18 conference games a year. the old Configuration had 16 conference games.

So, over a 4 year career, a currently player would play 8 more games or essentially 4.5 "seasons" worth of games under the former configuration.

It is the Single Season record that Delgado broke according to the article. It did not specify if it was only rebounds in BE games. If so, he broke the record in 17 games. If it was for the entire schedule it would be in 29. Either way, to think no other player in the history of the BE conference ever had more boards than him is stunning......and he will not be POY? Guess not. The possibility is laughable to some on this board based on posts in another thread.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-01-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    It is the Single Season record that Delgado broke according to the article. It did not specify if it was only rebounds in BE games. If so, he broke the record in 17 games. If it was for the entire schedule it would be in 29. Either way, to think no other player in the history of the BE conference ever had more boards than him is stunning......and he will not be POY? Guess not. The possibility is laughable to some on this board based on posts in another thread.
    It's also laughable that Trevon would be Big East POY this season, and he is also an extremely good player.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Delgado just hit 1000 rebounds with a regular season game and postseason to go in his Junior year. All time big east leader is Harangody at 1222. If Angel were to stay, 1400 seems extremely doable.
    Doable... but it'd be close... and while having the most rebounds in the BE (at least since the early 90s) would be a tremendous feat, he would need to get very close to that 1400 mark to have more than the 1380 rebounds Tyrone Hill had at X. Go X!
    Last edited by IM4X; 03-01-2017 at 12:38 PM.

My predicting Delgado getting the POY on another thread garnered some LOL and subtle critisism from some on this board because they had Hart getting the award before the season even started. Me on the otherhand, think AD will get it......along with his record setting rebound #'s, he is ONLY 3 pts behind Hart's scoring avg....
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Sports reference goes back 8 years on total rebounding rate (it's a relatively new stat), but he's second all-time in that...behind our very own James Farr.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The more you play around on Sports reference the more you realize how freakin' good James Farr was last year. He may very well have been our MVP.
    Run the table.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Hart is a wayy better overall player. Offensively better, definsively better.

Delgado is very good player but to me its not even close.

Hart is 2nd in points, 5th in rebounds, 13th in assists, 7th in steals, 48th in blocks per game.

Delgado is 13th in points, 1st in rebounds, 27th in assists, 45th in steals, and 46th in blocks.

Defensively Hart is a lot better. Offensively better as well.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17