Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: this year

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Villanova's program is more than a couple notches above Xavier's. Xaviers lost players were also 2 of their top 3 and the 3rd was out a few games.

Better comparison would be Butler or Creighton losing 2 of their top 3.
    Seriously, breaking news: Nova way better than Xavier. See the 8 ass beatings and National championship for proof.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Seriously, breaking news: Nova way better than Xavier. See the 8 ass beatings and National championship for proof.
    Not last year necessarily.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Honestly. After that disjointed, dispirited performance last night where you gave up NINETY FIVE freaking points to a team in a must win game ON YOUR OWN HOME COURT on Senior night, do you really give a crap?

Look, I'm going to NY for the full Big East Tournament to support them, but I'm not getting all crazy if this team only plays NIT. I was abjectly disgusted with every part of that game last night, and the last thing I want to hear about is whether the crowd lived up to a Coach's demand standards. What I want to hear about is if this team has any care or chemistry. Last night, unlike the Butler game where they actually seemed to try, there was no c and c.

If the prospect is to play against the Cryers in the first round, where we'd probably get our asses kicked because we can't defend, No thank you to the Dance.
    It's the strangest thing how, beyond player departures and injuries, we can't find any consistency. After we lost Sumner, had to get the bigs to step up. They look good for a minute and then gone. Same with our guards. It looked like Goodin and Bernard were finding some urgency against Butler. And to be that flat footed and lethargic last night. Gates was missing. It's more than matchups. It's not Mack, he's proven himself. But Holy Jesus...

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Not last year necessarily.
    True, we did beat Nova pretty comfortably at home last season. But, essentially, Nova is to the Big East what we were to the A-10.

Whatever happens in the next two weeks is what will be indelible about the season. If we win both games against DePaul and don't do anything else, people will say it was a dumpster fire that not even the dumpster could contain, and it will reinforce the no wins against anyone but DePaul in the last five weeks.

If we win the quarterfinal game against Butler, who we played well against both times, and somehow make it out of the Round of 64 everyone will be satisfied.

No one remembers that we entered the conference tournament in pretty much this same exact position in 2012. We weren't being projected in. We had to win a couple of games just to get in. But, they remember Sweet Sixteen.

No one remembers not being on the radar all year long in 2004 prior to the conference tournaement.

No one remembers being on the bubble at the start of the conference tournament in 2015, but after beating two ranked teams on a neutral court, and shooting up to a #6 seed, and then making the Sweet Sixteen after beating Georgia State, people remember the whole season as being successful.

So, we do have a chance to wash all of the sourness out of our mouths to the point of not even being able to remember it was even sour. Or not. If we lose one of the next two and then don't get past the quarters, everyone will be banging their heads against the wall and talking about this season as one of the biggest busts in the three point era.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Whatever happens in the next two weeks is what will be indelible about the season. If we win both games against DePaul and don't do anything else, people will say it was a dumpster fire that not even the dumpster could contain, and it will reinforce the no wins against anyone but DePaul in the last five weeks.

If we win the quarterfinal game against Butler, who we played well against both times, and somehow make it out of the Round of 64 everyone will be satisfied.

No one remembers that we entered the conference tournament in pretty much this same exact position in 2012. We weren't being projected in. We had to win a couple of games just to get in. But, they remember Sweet Sixteen.

No one remembers not being on the radar all year long in 2004 prior to the conference tournaement.

No one remembers being on the bubble at the start of the conference tournament in 2015, but after beating two ranked teams on a neutral court, and shooting up to a #6 seed, and then making the Sweet Sixteen after beating Georgia State, people remember the whole season as being successful.

So, we do have a chance to wash all of the sourness out of our mouths to the point of not even being able to remember it was even sour. Or not. If we lose one of the next two and then don't get past the quarters, everyone will be banging their heads against the wall and talking about this season as one of the biggest busts in the three point era.
    Oh, I remember it. However, even in defeat, those teams had a leader, and a chemistry that I haven't seen on this team all year long. Even before Ed went down, there were some mysterious missing pieces. I hope that somehow things change starting tomorrow at 2:00pm Eastern.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell