Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Sophomore

Sumner Shoulder Injury

I remember it was thought that Sumner would shut it down due to a shoulder tear before the ACL occurred It happened near end of Villanova and he was ineffective and deferring for a number of games finishing with a wince of pain. Very bad luck but with both injuries hopefully treated what does this mean for him next year? Hard to believe how the guard situation went from a strength to weakness and I cringe every time Goodin fouls as I can see him become less and less aggressive(understandably)

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    I remember it was thought that Sumner would shut it down due to a shoulder tear before the ACL occurred It happened near end of Villanova and he was ineffective and deferring for a number of games finishing with a wince of pain. Very bad luck but with both injuries hopefully treated what does this mean for him next year? Hard to believe how the guard situation went from a strength to weakness and I cringe every time Goodin fouls as I can see him become less and less aggressive(understandably)
    The problem is that losing Myles Davis and Larry Austin junior left them with no depth. You cannot forsee the injury to Sumner, so its unfortunate. Goodin was supposed to play 10-15 minutes and develop and learn the system and instead he has to play 40 minutes. He will be better for it. I thought he was more aggressive yesterday but needs to take care of the ball.

Sophomore
    was there ever any update on the shoulder? Is it going to require surgery as well?

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    was there ever any update on the shoulder? Is it going to require surgery as well?
    Yes he needs a torn labrum repaired. Last I heard, the plan was to do the shoulder surgery 3 months after the knee. They can't operate on both at the same time. The shoulder surgery will have a recovery time of roughly 6 months.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

All-Conference
    Good gracious...that sucks for him.

Sounds like that puts him out for most of the non conference schedule if he comes back.
    "This [basketball] is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators." - Dick Vertleib

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Yes he needs a torn labrum repaired. Last I heard, the plan was to do the shoulder surgery 3 months after the knee. They can't operate on both at the same time. The shoulder surgery will have a recovery time of roughly 6 months.
    Yeaa. ACL surgery is this week, so he's probably not going to be back to his old self until November(maybe longer with how tricky recoveries can be)

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Yeaa. ACL surgery is this week, so he's probably not going to be back to his old self until November(maybe longer with how tricky recoveries can be)
    Wow, that is an absolute bummer for that kid. November just for his ACL. His junior season is near lost already.

If you're an NBA team I don't see how in the world they take a chance on a guy with two surgeries and the recovery time needed. Add to that his game is so much predicated on his speed and quickness and no one knows how well he will come back. Feel so bad for Ed. What a kick in the nuts! I hope through all of this he comes back healthy and has a great year positioning him well for next years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Wow, that is an absolute bummer for that kid. November just for his ACL. His junior season is near lost already.
    6 months from June 1 puts him at December 1st.