Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Ok so I am going to Gordos. I just saw a burger on yelp that wasnt on their website for some reason that does appear to be on their menu called the hangover.

Just your standard burger, smoke gouda, smoked sausage, cheddar cheese, canadian bacon, bacon, onion straws (I will not get) and bbq sauce.

My wife will look at me disgustingly with tons of judgement but that burger looks awesome. Plus I start in a weight loss challenge tomorrow, its my last hurrah (well for a little while!).
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Ok so I am going to Gordos. I just saw a burger on yelp that wasnt on their website for some reason that does appear to be on their menu called the hangover.

Just your standard burger, smoke gouda, smoked sausage, cheddar cheese, canadian bacon, bacon, onion straws (I will not get) and bbq sauce.

My wife will look at me disgustingly with tons of judgement but that burger looks awesome. Plus I start in a weight loss challenge tomorrow, its my last hurrah (well for a little while!).
    Good strategy to bulk up before the weigh in. Makes those first few pounds easier to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post

Had it when I was in town for the Nova game. Really good.

Gas Light in Oakley. We used to stop there fairly regularly before games back in the Gardens days and have been a few times in the past several years but the burger was always good there.

Re-read the other thread. It is mostly Cincinnati based.

I would never be in the mood to pick between Quatmans and Gordos. Not really the same in my book. Basic vs. 'gourmet'.

Brew River has some good burgers. Add that to your list.

Also, if you are ever in the mood to drop $20 on a burger, you absolutely have to have the burger at the Precinct. Hands down the best burger patty I've ever had. Comes with fries and bread, so if you get there at happy hour with someone that you can split a burger with, you can actually get out of there for not much more than your tab at Zips will be, and you will be full. (My only knock on Zips is that the prices have increased more than inflation over the last 10 years).

The Cork and Cap has a very good Jalepeno Burger that they just added to their menu. I recommend it.

Haven't been to Flipdaddy's in a while. I remember it being a little hit and miss depending on the burger, and the atmosphere was straight up strip mall. Great beer selection though.

I think Mac's on the Pike has some surprisingly good burgers.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    Re-read the other thread. It is mostly Cincinnati based.

I would never be in the mood to pick between Quatmans and Gordos. Not really the same in my book. Basic vs. 'gourmet'.

Brew River has some good burgers. Add that to your list.

Also, if you are ever in the mood to drop $20 on a burger, you absolutely have to have the burger at the Precinct. Hands down the best burger patty I've ever had. Comes with fries and bread, so if you get there at happy hour with someone that you can split a burger with, you can actually get out of there for not much more than your tab at Zips will be, and you will be full. (My only knock on Zips is that the prices have increased more than inflation over the last 10 years).

The Cork and Cap has a very good Jalepeno Burger that they just added to their menu. I recommend it.

Haven't been to Flipdaddy's in a while. I remember it being a little hit and miss depending on the burger, and the atmosphere was straight up strip mall. Great beer selection though.

I think Mac's on the Pike has some surprisingly good burgers.
    Thanks I will re-read that thread.

Thanks for the other suggestions. A buddy of mine mentioned Cork and Cap, I had never heard of that place before.

Have been to flipdaddys and remember it being good but nothing special.

I will add the others to the list.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

It's also a totally classic thread.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    It's also a totally classic thread.
    The only thing missing is bourbon...well, and the other B.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

If you're ever on the south side of the river, get a double from Herb and Thelma's. That's my vote for best classic burger in the area.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Where is Herb and Thelmas?
    -Matt McCormick