Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast
    Rick Pitino going to Louisville

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Imagine Mack going to UC. Or Cronin coming to X. Can you imagine the ridiculousness? It would make NM/NMSt look like nothing.
    I don't know. Perhaps nationally, you're right. X/UC is bigger in the sense that both programs are far more nationally relevant, but when it comes to simple hatred, I think those two hate each other more, especially when you throw in the storyline about how the WAC is falling apart, and the MWC keeps inviting WAC teams, but won't invite New Mexico State. Not only are they not helping, they're ultimately playing a role in making them even worse off. At least that's how NMSU sees it whether it's the reality or not. And now, they've stolen their coach. X and UC are definitely rivals, but they really aren't in each other's way the way those two are.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Tae Baker went from UC to XU. His XU program was not in the ballpark of the UC program, but this was in an era when coaching/college hoops wasn't the pressure cooker it is today.

Of course, Baker got fired at UC and took the XU job as a cush semi-retirement gig.

Alabama A&M, which was hands down the worst team in all of div1 last season, has hired Donnie Marsh. I don't know whether or not to feel happy for him, or feel sorry for him.

No place to go but up?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Marsh has actually had quite a career (I just learned from looking at his Wikipedia page). Not sure why a 61 year old journeyman wants to take on a hopeless situation like Alabama A&M, but I guess being a head coach in the SWAC pays marginally better than being an assistant coach in the SWAC.

Chris Jans to New Mexico State.

For those of you who are unaware as to why he left Bowling Green, google it, because it was rather spectacular.

In Las Crusas, there isn't much to do other than go to the bars. This may be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post

For those of you who are unaware as to why he left Bowling Green, google it, because it was rather spectacular.

In Las Crusas, there isn't much to do other than go to the bars. This may be a problem.
    Sounds like some video would be fun.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Sounds like some video would be fun.
    This is what was recorded on a cell phone that triggered his firing from Bowling Green: