Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 363
  1. #21
    Supporting Member xu82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    8,830
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I think Archie is gone somewhere despite what the delusional fans to the North say. For one thing, he has 4 seniors graduating and really no prospects to replace them. Has one decent PG coming in that will have to run the team as a frosh. He'll decommit when Archie bolts.

    But, other than that......

  2. #22
    Supporting Member Juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,489
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I think Archie is gone somewhere despite what the delusional fans to the North say. For one thing, he has 4 seniors graduating and really no prospects to replace them. Has one decent PG coming in that will have to run the team as a frosh. He'll decommit when Archie bolts.
    They also have Kostas Antetokounmpo redshirting though.

  3. #23
    Administrator Muskie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    12,428
    Unless Mack goes to the Elite 8 or Final 4 this year, I doubt the IU faithful would accept him as coach. Indiana still considers itself a Blueblood program, I doubt many in their fanbase would "settle" for Chris Mack. The only reason Miller was in the mix last time was because of his Elite 8 trip. They still picked someone else.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

    Follow XH on Twitter

    Follow XH on Facebook

  4. #24
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Unless Mack goes to the Elite 8 or Final 4 this year, I doubt the IU faithful would accept him as coach. Indiana still considers itself a Blueblood program, I doubt many in their fanbase would "settle" for Chris Mack. The only reason Miller was in the mix last time was because of his Elite 8 trip. They still picked someone else.
    I mean, I'm not sure they will have much of a choice.

    Who out there with a final four on their resume would be available?

  5. #25
    Supporting Member GoMuskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    26,902
    Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post

    Who out there with a final four on their resume would be available?
    Gregg Marshall

  6. #26
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,047
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Gregg Marshall
    Right. He's the one guy, but he'd already been talked about in the thread so I didn't want to rehash why I don't think that will happen.

    That's definitely the one guy with a final four that could potentially be had though.

  7. #27
    Administrator Muskie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    12,428
    Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    I mean, I'm not sure they will have much of a choice.

    Who out there with a final four on their resume would be available?
    A part of me believes that Indiana would take Steve Alford, still.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

    Follow XH on Twitter

    Follow XH on Facebook

  8. #28
    Supporting Member GoMuskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    26,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    A part of me believes that Indiana would take Steve Alford, still.
    It helps that even Indiana fans think Bob Knight is an asshole now.

  9. #29
    Supporting Member xubrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    I am not being a smart ass in asking who are the good coaches Xavier has turned away in the the past? I don't recall any.
    Completely fair point.

    I admit that I'm being presumptuous. I'm fairly certain that coaches other than the one we hired did apply for the job, but rather than spread rumors as to who it may or may not have been, I'll just concede the point. I really don't know for certain who else was interested outside of who we ended up hiring, nor do I know for certain who would be interested if Chris Mack were to leave. I can guess that we'd be able to put together a fairly impressive pool of candidates, and because of that I tend not to worry, but to your point I really do not know for sure.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

  10. #30
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    A part of me believes that Indiana would take Steve Alford, still.
    Did i miss the final four he coached in?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •