Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

Absolute worst time for a 3 game road trip with Tre going out.
    Honestly, maybe it was the best time. You can survive a three game road losing streak. A three game home losing streak? Those kill your season.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    I fully expect him to play 30+ tonight. They wouldn't bring him back if he wasn't ready for those kind of minutes.
    Yeah I think you are right. There is no sense in him going out there if they are limiting his minutes. Barring any set back I think he will be full go. We will need him to be to win so if he isnt then just sit him anyway, we probably arent winning with 50% of Trevon.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Honestly, maybe it was the best time. You can survive a three game road losing streak. A three game home losing streak? Those kill your season.
    I had thought this too, and it's why I'm assuming he's 100% now. Keeping him out of games that we may not have won anyway was a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    I had thought this too, and it's why I'm assuming he's 100% now. Keeping him out of games that we may not have won anyway was a no brainer.
    Or at least to 100% of what he's going to be the rest of the way. My guess is he's not going to be 100% until sometime in the offseason when he can get some real rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    If Trevon Bluiett isn't ready to play at at least 90%, don't play him.
    As much as we hate to say it, this game is a throwaway anyway. We are not going to finish above 4th in the league and if we win our last 3- that are the MOST important- we still are at 11-7, 21-10 with a good rating going into the BE Tourney. If Tre plays tonight and gets hurt again, we're toast. Can't risk it.

If HE in his honest mind, feels he can play comfortably, and the coaches and doctors agree, put him out there, but if it gets ugly early, pull him. Too much downside. Tre HAS to be able to be effective from Sunday afternoon at 3:30 forward...or else, you can pack up the bus. Tonight, not so much.
    This.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Yeah, regardless of how much Tre plays, I don't see X winning. Just can't seem to get a win up there. But I think if Tre is able to play decent minutes, it will at least be a close game.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    If Trevon Bluiett isn't ready to play at at least 90%, don't play him.
    As much as we hate to say it, this game is a throwaway anyway. We are not going to finish above 4th in the league and if we win our last 3- that are the MOST important- we still are at 11-7, 21-10 with a good rating going into the BE Tourney. If Tre plays tonight and gets hurt again, we're toast. Can't risk it.

If HE in his honest mind, feels he can play comfortably, and the coaches and doctors agree, put him out there, but if it gets ugly early, pull him. Too much downside. Tre HAS to be able to be effective from Sunday afternoon at 3:30 forward...or else, you can pack up the bus. Tonight, not so much.
    Exactly. If Tre is not able to go full speed and move without limping and if he can't jump off that foot without thinking about it or if he is worried about that foot when he is taking a step back jumper, he might as well sit. If Tre goes out there and struggles and still looks hurt and we get beat with him in there, the committee might start feeling this is as good as the team will be and may think about put teams ahead of us.

It's painful to watch this team without Tre, though. Without him our 3pt shooting is abysmal. Without Tre, free throw shooting is poor and there just hasn't been anyone but Gaston who is playing a complete game as if they really "want it." Maybe JP feels there is extra pressure on him, but this has been an opportunity for him to step up and prove he is one of the best players on the team and even in the BE and he has really not stepped up to the challenge (other than a few good plays in a game).
    Last edited by IM4X; 02-22-2017 at 09:59 AM.

I mean I'm pretty sure at this point they're pretty honest about the situation. I heard several times from people who know the program Saturday that he could have played had the game been live/die time. Mack isn't one to run some guy out there if they weren't all confident in how it was going to go. If they don't feel good about it then I'm all for sitting him till Sunday. But if he's ready to go, he's ready to go.

In terms of SH. For one, the last game at home was the first after Ed's injury. So yeah they only won by 2 but was a pretty big adjustment game for em so I wouldn't put a ton of stock in that one. And if you've watched them at all this year, if they're not hot from the outside they're really not good. Powell was hot the 1st game, and Carrington has been hot at times. But when they're not, they struggle mightily. Delgado can only do so much and we can run 3 bigs at him. If anyone watched the Nova game Saturday, and yes I know it's Nova, but it was not pretty. There's a reason they are where they are on the bubble

They're not going to let him play if he's A) truly at risk of re-injuring - of course anything can happen or B) not going to be able to actually contribute. We all know that just because Trevon plays doesn't guarantee a win, but at least that gets him back in the flow. I don't want his first time coming back be on Saturday against Butler. It will be good for him and the team's morale. And who know, you naysayers, we just might win this one.
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Pimp

This is definitely a winnable game even without Tre. If X players can be careful not to make silly, early fouls in the beginning and if players (particularly Goodin) can understand that the backboard is their friend (like Gaston has done more recently)when shooting from close range there is a much better chance of success for our guys. Also, it'd be great to see our guys going to work on getting Delgado into foul trouble early.