Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: UConn

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    South Carolina left the ACC (1971), which took it to 7 teams for a few years. Georgia Tech joined (1979), they went back to 8, and then to 9 with Florida State.

I edited my post, but you grabbed it quick!! Percentages of teams in is one measuring factor. Total dollars that the individual schools take home in the tournament is another.
    Fixed that one for you. It's the old math problem. Three pizzas for four people is more than five pizzas for eight people.

And it doesn't look like there was anything to the UConn rumors.

And the way things are going they may want to kick us out soon.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Three pizzas for four people is more than five pizzas for eight people.
    Only if everyone eats one slice.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

UConn belongs in the Big East.

Do it.

I'm now completely convinced that no one on the administrative level at UConn that actually matters has any interest at all in joining the Big East and that there have been no discussions whatsoever with the Big East about it happening. Take that for what it's worth. But I guess we all got a fun discussion out of it.

No clue about if the BE rumors were made up or what - but Rothstein is a pretty reliable guy when it comes to Northeast hoops. I'll give him the benefit out the doubt.

As far as UConn goes - they are in pure panic mode. It wouldn't surprise me if they have discussed multiple options.
    Run the table.

Had I realized it was Jon Rothstein then I wouldn't have even opened the thread.

This is a guy that has predicted that UConn will win the AAC Tournament this year (which I suppose could still happen but...actually, no, it can't), that Georgia Tech would not win a single ACC game, and that the ACC would get 11 teams in guaranteed, but then also said that 10 ACC conference wins wouldn't guarantee a bid, and...you know I've lost track of all of his nonsense.

He strikes me as a guy that says outrageous things to spark a response. Not that there's anything wrong with that. In fact I sometimes enjoy that. But, I wouldn't take any of his inside information seriously.

I don't agree.
    Run the table.

Sophomore
    Had I realized it was Jon Rothstein then I wouldn't have even opened the thread.

This is a guy that has predicted that UConn will win the AAC Tournament this year (which I suppose could still happen but...actually, no, it can't), that Georgia Tech would not win a single ACC game, and that the ACC would get 11 teams in guaranteed, but then also said that 10 ACC conference wins wouldn't guarantee a bid, and...you know I've lost track of all of his nonsense.

He strikes me as a guy that says outrageous things to spark a response. Not that there's anything wrong with that. In fact I sometimes enjoy that. But, I wouldn't take any of his inside information seriously.
    when it comes to reporting on actual college hoops news he has great connections and is pretty reliable. But, when it comes to pretty much anything else he is full of shit, in my opinion at least.

Sophomore

It did not start with him. It started with Blaudschun (sp?) who is a reporter with deep ties in the Northeast.

Rick also confirmed their is interest on the podcast today.

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    It did not start with him. It started with Blaudschun (sp?) who is a reporter with deep ties in the Northeast.

Rick also confirmed their is interest on the podcast today.
    Well, when you consider that UConn is denying it I suppose there are still a few possibilities.

1. Someone made it up and UConn denied it when asked to confirm it because it is completely made up.

2. Someone got bad information, or did an awful job of interpreting information, and UConn denied it when asked to confirm it because the information is bad.

3. It's true, bu when asked to confirm it UConn opted to lie and deny it because neither they nor anyone at the Big East want anyone to know, so if this guy was such a great insider he's probably less great now since no one at UConn or the BE will be talking to him anytime soon.

I'm guessing it's some sort of combination of #1 and #2. It could be #3. It's certainly possible. But, I'm reasonably sure that it's not.