Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Junior X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nodak
    Posts
    3,758

    James Farr Europe Highlights

    This was posted on the Scout board so I thought I'd share it over here. Farr has added a lot to his game, or Mack was holding him back at X!! Lol. Step backs and fade aways??? Dropping bombs from three...

    He still rebounds like a beast.


  2. #2
    Supporting Member xu82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    7,027
    That looks like a different guy.

  3. #3
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,905
    That video must be sped up. There's no way he gets his long range shot off that quickly

    He came into Xavier projected as a threat from range. It's really cool to see him open it up.
    zip em up

  4. #4
    Supporting Member waggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gold Country
    Posts
    10,627
    Neither of those teams could win the A10.

  5. #5
    Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    On America's Great North Coast
    Posts
    16,666
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    This was posted on the Scout board so I thought I'd share it over here. Farr has added a lot to his game, or Mack was holding him back at X!! Lol. Step backs and fade aways??? Dropping bombs from three...

    He still rebounds like a beast.

    Too bad he wasn't red shirted in his Freshman year when he played a total of about 40 minutes all year.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 03-06-2017 at 08:47 AM.
    It is SWEET....To be ELITE

  6. #6
    Supporting Member WCWIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Naperville IL
    Posts
    740
    It was very nice to see James' parents at the DePaul game and hear that he is doing well: rebounding, shooting 3s, etc. in Hungary. I think they said that after the Euroseason, James and Jalen were going to get together for workouts etc.

  7. #7
    Sophomore Lloyd Braun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    492
    There is no substitute for actual hours in the gym that a student-athlete cannot accomplish. People complain about guys leaving eligibility on the table (Semaj, Jalen, etc) but realistically if they are going to be making money playing basketball one can argue they left too late as well.

  8. #8
    Supporting Member XU 87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Too bad he wasn't red shirted in his Freshman year when he played a total of about 40 minutes all year.
    He probably should have red shirted, but if he did, that's no guarantee that he would have been back this year. (See 5th year senior Jalen Reynolds.) (See also Trevon Bluiett, who is not expected back next year and will likely be in Europe.)

  9. #9
    All-Conference XUFan09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    6,540

    James Farr Europe Highlights

    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    He probably should have red shirted, but if he did, that's no guarantee that he would have been back this year. (See 5th year senior Jalen Reynolds.) (See also Trevon Bluiett, who is not expected back next year and will likely be in Europe.)
    Not to mention that hindsight is 20/20. Erik Stenger was playing rotation minutes in the frontcourt instead of Farr. I bet the staff figured Farr would surpass him during the season. Also, the team was one frontcourt injury away from Farr needing to join the rotation, regardless.

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •