Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I could listen to Bill Walton call a pee wee game. He's fantastic.

UNC Asheville vs Winthrop was the most exciting game played in the state of North Carolina yesterday, and you could argue it was also the most important. Well, maybe. UNCA and Winthrop were tied for first place, and the first place team in the Big South gets to host the conference tournament. So, in a sense, the game last night may have decided who gets to play the championship game on their home court. Whereas Duke and UNC, while rivals, really aren't in each other's way when it comes to making the NCAA Tournament or home court advantage during the conference tournament. But then again, Greenville is a first/second round site, and only two teams can be placed there, and Duke, UNC, and Virginia are competing for those two spots.

Also from last night, Samford v Wofford went into quadruple overtime. It is the third night in a row that we've had a quadruple overtime game, and two out of the three games were played in the state of South Carolina against a team from the state of Alabama. How's that for trivia!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    I always get a chuckle when people complain about Bill Walton. Yeah, he's a homer, but he's entertaining as hell. Take the homer stuff with a grain of salt and he makes watching a non-Xavier game so much better than the normal, boring talking heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I could listen to Bill Walton call a pee wee game. He's fantastic.
    Was Len Elmore on quaaludes or weed the other night? He sounded like Towlie.

I shudder to ask what Bill Walton is on.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Bill Walton sounds like a guy that's trying to sound like he's stoned. He's not spaced out, but he's trying to make you think he's spaced out so you'll...umm....think he's spaced out?

I think he'd do better if he actually did smoke himself out before the game, or if he just stopped acting like he was smoked out and just tried to do the game.

But at the same time, I don't care. Bill Walton used to annoy me, but I now actually think he's a pretty good dude, and he really doesn't annoy me anymore. Probably because I'm usually not listening. And you'd never know it by watching him on TV, but the guy is actually pretty smart.
    Last edited by xubrew; 02-10-2017 at 09:43 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Also from last night, Samford v Wofford went into quadruple overtime. It is the third night in a row that we've had a quadruple overtime game, and two out of the three games were played in the state of South Carolina against a team from the state of Alabama. How's that for trivia!!
    Normally I might have been at that game, but got tickets to see Zion Williamson play last night. Very impressive young player (16, a junior). Goes to the same school my girls attended here in Spartanburg. Hard to get tickets to see him with Roy Williams, Coach K and a parade of people coming all the time. Step-dad played for Clemson in late 70's and his mom was a player. Very nice people, and the kid is an impressive student and athlete.

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Random thought, but we really should get a nightly CBB betting thread going...