Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn稚 have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I really enjoy the Bubble Watch update every week on ESPN.

Thanks for alerting us it started.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I really enjoy the Bubble Watch update every week on ESPN.

Thanks for alerting us it started.
    I'm irrationally excited about it starting. It's the little things in life.
    Run the table.

They need a new category for the "Other At-Large Contenders", because work left to do doesn't really apply to most of them. There's no work available. It's more like "Needs to avoid trainwreck loss to shitty teams that remain on schedule".

Also, Bracket Busters should return in more limited form. Would I like to go see Middle Tennessee play at Wichita State this weekend? Yes, I would.

It's absolutely wild that Georgetown is somehow still alive for this. I know they say the bubble is down basically every year, but if they were to make it this year that would have to mean one of the worst bubbles of all time. They have 11 losses with like 7 games left still. They still have Nova twice, Creighton, Marquette, and SH. So I guess they can get some good wins still, but wow. That kind of record only got you in from the BE 2012 era and probably the ACC this year

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Also, Bracket Busters should return in more limited form. Would I like to go see Middle Tennessee play at Wichita State this weekend? Yes, I would.
    Bracket Busters was a great concept. Can't recall exactly how they did it, but it was successful (most of the time anyway) in giving teams in shitty conferences a chance at a good win as they were typically teams who fell into the "Needs to avoid trainwreck loss to shitty teams that remain on schedule" category. Sure helps weed out the pretenders as the selection process nears.
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Pimp

I may get ridiculed for this, but not having Cincinnati as a lock seems ludicrous to me.

ludicrous-speed.jpg
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpinthebox View Post
    Bracket Busters was a great concept. Can't recall exactly how they did it, but it was successful (most of the time anyway) in giving teams in shitty conferences a chance at a good win as they were typically teams who fell into the "Needs to avoid trainwreck loss to shitty teams that remain on schedule" category. Sure helps weed out the pretenders as the selection process nears.
    Bracket Busters was a made for TV sham. They put two bubble teams against each other, and more often than not, the loser often found themselves on the wrong side of the bubble. I read an article a few years ago that it felt like it was created to open up more spots for the power conferences, with the idea to pit non power bubble teams against each other, and weed half of them out.

If I was a mid major, I'd tell the Bracket Buster to stuff it.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    I may get ridiculed for this, but not having Cincinnati as a lock seems ludicrous to me.

ludicrous-speed.jpg
    They explain that the point of a lock is that they could literally lose every game the rest of the schedule and still get in.

I dont know UCs schedule but if that happened I assume they'd have some pretty horrid losses and be in bubble territory.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17