Xavier Musketeers vs. Providence Friars
    February 15, 2017
    Game Time: 6:30pm ET
    Dunkin' Doughnuts Center | Providence, RI
    TV: FS1
    Radio:55KRC
    Live Stats
    Live Chat
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Sophomore
    would be nice to start off a 3 game road stretch with a win

Question becomes, can they win this one on the road at the Dunk without Trevon? Butler just took a L there Saturday. I'm just going to assume Tre is out with best case being back for Marquette.

I think Stainbrook might get 5 minutes or so if he's not able to go. Also think there will be a lot more 2 big lineups on the floor. Pray to God Tyrique is ready to go or this could be serious trouble

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    Question becomes, can they win this one on the road at the Dunk without Trevon? Butler just took a L there Saturday. I'm just going to assume Tre is out with best case being back for Marquette.

I think Stainbrook might get 5 minutes or so if he's not able to go. Also think there will be a lot more 2 big lineups on the floor. Pray to God Tyrique is ready to go or this could be serious trouble
    No we cant win without Tre........simple as that.

Given that we looked past Villanova to this one, I'm expecting a big performance from the boys at the Dunk on Wednesday!

Trevon Bluett is great might be a good idea to hold him out one more game to make sure he is 100 %.

Quote Originally Posted by phriar10 View Post
    Trevon Bluett is great might be a good idea to hold him out one more game to make sure he is 100 %.
    I suspect you'll get your wish.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I suspect you'll get your wish.
    I don't think Trevon is going to be 100% for the rest of the year. Ankles are a pain in the ass and need several weeks to heal if he does in fact have a sprain.

Providence will be scrappy with a loud crowd early. Q never looks panicked so he's got a big opportunity to be a big time floor general. He doesn't have to score much to do that. Layups, open shots, and free throws.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I don't think Trevon is going to be 100% for the rest of the year. Ankles are a pain in the ass and need several weeks to heal if he does in fact have a sprain.
    Agreed, but that is also why I think it makes sense to sit him for at least the Providence game to get him better for the stretch run.

We saw in the 2nd half against Nova that is not effective at whatever percentage he was at during that game.

He's not going to be 100% the rest of the year, but if you can sit him for a game or two and get him closer than he is now it will be better in the long run.