Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TUclutch View Post
    Correct. It would be the AD of Communications(or someone from his staff). Isn't that Tom Eiser?
    I'm sure there was plenty of blame to go around. Can we not talk about that ugly bruise on our program's history?

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Wow you suck
    Amen. What a boner-killer. <INSERT HOT TAKE ON SKINNY SUMNER AND A POSITIVE OUTLOOK FROM HERE ON OUT> per the thread title.
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Pimp

Quote Originally Posted by GOX View Post
    Sorry to rain on any one's nostalgia.
    Tu Holloway was a good basketball player, fearless and intimidating, but unfortunately was a "zip em up " thug who emabarrased the entire university.
    The worst mistake Chris Mack ever( and probably will ever) made was putting Tu on camera after the UC Debacle.
    If you care about the institution, independently of Men's Basketball, you will agree.
    If you don't, you only care about Men's Basketball, a fraction of the whole.
    Oh my.

I can't believe you define a guy's entire career and reputation by something that he said at a post game press conference. And what he said, in retrospect, was harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    This thread has provided an aggregation of the absolute worst takes I've ever seen.
    It was designed to be "provactive and generate replys." Someone sees it as a home run. If you want to know who, look for the red dots.

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    It was designed to be "provactive and generate replys." Someone sees it as a home run. If you want to know who, look for the red dots.

XU 82 gives me no credit.
    I provide a valuable service which he can't grasp.
    I quote from a recent Article:

" We serve as Advisors to hundreds of Sports Blogs. Many of our Clients seek advertisers and ask us to do a survey of Blog Participants. We find that the majority of Participants are white , middle aged men who did not participate in competitive athletics.Their personal lives and careers have crashed. They frequently visit the Blog, often during their work day.
    The Blog allows them to be authortive at a time they lack authority. The Blog allows them to say all of the things they would like to say at work or home and can't. In sum , the Blog serves as therapeutic tool for men struggling to find an identity that has been emasculated. The glue that holds the Blogs together are the Trolls. The Trolls are the men who have gotten to the top, often stepping on the Losers in the process. The Trolls recognize the Losers need an outlet and deliver to them huge chunks of red meat that the Losers can chew on. Every day, the Trolls de pressurize the Losers , forestalling them saying stupid shit to their bosses and families.The Trolls provide this service to assuage the guilt they feel for having kicked the hapless Losers asses on the way to the Top. While the Losers should thank the Trolls , they are unfortunately so focused on venting that they fail to see the Trolls' reaching down to help."

Now that I have provided an objective third party view, hopefully, XU 82, and others similarly situated, will come forward to say Thanks.

LOOK! I see red dots! (And I didn't do it, that was from others.) I actually will give credit because that was honestly funny. Wrong on virtually everything but middle age white male, but still amusing. And a troll is still a troll.
    Last edited by xu82; 02-15-2017 at 08:59 PM.

I find it amusing that someone who has been on here 2 months is lecturing people who have been here for years on what a troll is.

Anyway, when it comes to Tu, you have absolutely no ability to gauge context. Like others said, what he said was ill-advised but considering the circumstances it was nowhere near as egregious as the national media (and a local sportswriter how the week earlier bemoaned the lack of emotion in the game) made it out to seem. And to think that one press conference defined his career makes me think you may not really have followed Xavier very closely when Tu was here.

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    I find it amusing that someone who has been on here 2 months is lecturing people who have been here for years on what a troll is.

Anyway, when it comes to Tu, you have absolutely no ability to gauge context. Like others said, what he said was ill-advised but considering the circumstances it was nowhere near as egregious as the national media (and a local sportswriter how the week earlier bemoaned the lack of emotion in the game) made it out to seem. And to think that one press conference defined his career makes me think you may not really have followed Xavier very closely when Tu was here.
    Chico...I understand you wanting to protect Tu's legacy, such as it might be.
    And I understand your comment that you would like to think that Tu's indiscretion should not define his time at Xavier.
    Unfortunately, it does.
    Tu will never be a candidate for Xavier's' Hall of Fame.
    Just as Nixon's presidency will be defined by Watergate, and Trumps demise will be defined by his accommodation to the Russians who invested Billions in his otherwise failed real estate projects, Tus will be defined by his ill advised comments.
    Some posters have pinned the blame on Tom Eiser, a decent man, who allegedly put Tu before the cameras at the wrong time.
    They may be right. I don't know who pulled the trigger.
    All I know is, they put him in a bad spot and spoiled his opportunities to be respected by those who eschew thuggish behavior.

This is a very strange thread.
    I'll remember Tu for the wonderful leadership he provided and the great times I had watching him help my team.
    You can remember him for a few words of street parlance that somehow offended your sensibilities.
    I feel sorry for you.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'll remember Tu for the wonderful leadership he provided and the great times I had watching him help my team.
    You can remember him for a few words of street parlance that somehow offended your sensibilities.
    I feel sorry for you.
    yes this

We All Love Ed.....but

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I feel sorry for you.
    What has always killed me about that was if he said "scrappy guys" instead of "gangstas," he would have meant literally the same thing, but all the middle-aged white men would have nodded approvingly instead.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk