Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kaiser Gates

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    10 boards tonight! Gets to sign the "bubble"!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Actual best pro prospect on team?

Don't sleep on special K.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Actual best pro prospect on team?

Don't sleep on special K.
    I said that before the season started. He has the most NBA ready body but still has much to learn

"Potential" is a blessing, and a curse. He may well develop along the lines of so many other power forward type players that X has had over the last 30 years or so. He certainly has the potential to do so, and he is expanding and improving his skill set. His shot isn't exactly a thing of beauty, but it often goes in and it has been somewhat consistent over the last two years. He is now starting to drive to the basket and get layups or fouls. He is now becoming very good at rebounding and is learning to fight down low for them. But he still is an adventure at the free thrown line sometimes, he isn't especially quick or fluid and sometimes looks stiff when handling the ball, and he still needs to develop a postup game to use against smaller defenders. He's got a lot of potential, he has worked to develop it, and I hope that he continues to improve. IF he does, I think he can really have a bright future and will be a big part of X's success the rest of this year and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    "Potential" is a blessing, and a curse. He may well develop along the lines of so many other power forward type players that X has had over the last 30 years or so. He certainly has the potential to do so, and he is expanding and improving his skill set. His shot isn't exactly a thing of beauty, but it often goes in and it has been somewhat consistent over the last two years. He is now starting to drive to the basket and get layups or fouls. He is now becoming very good at rebounding and is learning to fight down low for them. But he still is an adventure at the free thrown line sometimes, he isn't especially quick or fluid and sometimes looks stiff when handling the ball, and he still needs to develop a postup game to use against smaller defenders. He's got a lot of potential, he has worked to develop it, and I hope that he continues to improve. IF he does, I think he can really have a bright future and will be a big part of X's success the rest of this year and beyond.
    Reminds me a little of BJ Raymond.
    I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierdude View Post
    Reminds me a little of BJ Raymond.
    He's always reminded me of Josh Duncan. Big, strong guy who early on felt most comfortable floating along the perimeter. Good outside shot. As he got older, figured out how to move inside and become a rebounding force and how to take it to the rack.
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage

Quote Originally Posted by Muskeagle View Post
    He's always reminded me of Josh Duncan. Big, strong guy who early on felt most comfortable floating along the perimeter. Good outside shot. As he got older, figured out how to move inside and become a rebounding force and how to take it to the rack.
    It took Duncan about 3 1/2 years to start feeling comfortable playing inside. It looks like Gates is starting to get it his sophomore year.

Junior
    I don't really recall gates ever trying to get post position and back someone up....unless you are just talking about rebounding?

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    It took Duncan about 3 1/2 years to start feeling comfortable playing inside. It looks like Gates is starting to get it his sophomore year.
    Duncan was also built like no other college b-ball player. I can see Kaiser and Duncan being similar from a mentality standpoint; but not size.
    I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Kaiser is shooting 35% from 3. Keep shooting, big man.
    Run the table.