Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    A lot of this depends on Gaston and O'Mara. Matchups play into it too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Jones should play more minutes than Omara that's for sure.

Honestly, I'm not sure he CAN play more minutes then Omara. His knees have bothered him all year, a few of the games the warmups bothered his knees enough to where he couldn't play. I do feel like he's shown flashes of greatness and has loads of potential, but that knee issue has me concerned.

Simply put, he played great today, and has had moments of greatness, but because of his knee issues, we can't really rely, or expect much from him game to game. He's an added bonus, but until the knee issues go away, whatever they are, we can't expect much from him.

Tyrique Unchained

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie34 View Post
    Jones should play more minutes than Omara that's for sure.
    When "Good O'Mara" shows up, definitely not. Also, Jones has missed quite a few defensive assignments this season, something that O'Mara is generally not guilty of.

Jones clearly has the greater upside, but that's different from right now, where it varies game to game.

Good Sean has never been as good as today's Tyrique. But we've also never seen today's Tyrique before.

Tyrique Unchained

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Good Sean has never been as good as today's Tyrique. But we've also never seen today's Tyrique before.
    And we probably won't see Tyrique with that level of efficiency for the rest of the season. His offensive rating was 201, which is just absurd, especially when you consider some of the attempts. Even on a really good day, some of those roll off.

For perspective on that offensive rating, Gates has been in that neighborhood two times with a low usage rate and O'Mara and Bernard have each been in that neighborhood once with a low usage rate. Sumner is the only one besides Jones to have a game that efficient at a reasonable usage rate.

Last edited by XUFan09; 02-05-2017 at 10:23 AM.

And for the second straight game, our freshman point guard has helped put our big guys in a position to succeed. As impressed as I am by Q so far, that might be what impresses me the most.

Who would have thought we'd beat Creighton on the road with two freshman in the starting lineup?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Can someone elaborate on Tyrique's knee issues? I wasn't aware he had an issue. Is it a growth thing like Ed?

Free Tyrique had one foul in 21 minutes against DePaul. That is one foul over 3 games. Mathematicians would call that a positive trend.

I think he also dribbled the ball off his leg out of bounds.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Tyrique definitely seemed a bit more chained yesterday.

Sophomore
    Tyrique seemed to be bothered by his hamstrings yesterday. He has a good game, but he just seemed off and holding back on hustle and running the floor, etc. I also saw him stretching a lot on the sidelines.