Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Three cheers for Mr. Jones.

Q can now start singing...
    "Mr Jones and me...
    We're gonna be big stars"
    Last edited by IM4X; 02-04-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryfe View Post
    Interesting that Sean had good game against SH and Jones had minimal minutes. Then Tyrique has great game today and Sean has minimal minutes. Not trying to be critical of either. Just an observation.
    That my friend is called coaching, knowing who has the hot hand.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Mr. Zero announces Xavier presence with authority. He is literally perfect shooting the basketball this game.

The would-be Human Foul Machine successor has not committed an infraction over two games.

Potential becomes reality, fear overcomes the Big East.

All hail the Freshman!
    May God Bless The Man Child that is Tyrique Jones, and May God Bless The United States of America!
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

He is The Beast of the East!
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    I think he meant just as far as all the setbacks we've faced. Great game by Tyrique. He just made Patton his b****
    Pretty much.

Long time reader on this board and don't post often, but always enjoy some muskie conversation. With that being said, I know Jones starts, but why did he only play 18 minutes? He was completely dominant today against the best big in the BE and I'm so excited about this young man's career at X. Does he lack the stamina? Does he have some hurt knees?

Sophomore
    It seems like his knee issue is lingering. Even that little tap with a fan caused him significant pain.

Tyrique Unchained

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie34 View Post
    Long time reader on this board and don't post often, but always enjoy some muskie conversation. With that being said, I know Jones starts, but why did he only play 18 minutes? He was completely dominant today against the best big in the BE and I'm so excited about this young man's career at X. Does he lack the stamina? Does he have some hurt knees?
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    It seems like his knee issue is lingering. Even that little tap with a fan caused him significant pain.
    Think of it this way. If a guy only plays 6 minutes per game on average, while the guys above him play 19 minutes per game and 15 minutes per game, you aren't going to suddenly put him out there for 25+ because he's having a really good game. Gaston chipped in 19 minutes himself with 5 rebounds to complement 3-4 from the field and 2 blocks. O'Mara didn't really contribute much, but that wasn't really clear to see right away, so he still took 8 of the possible minutes at the 5.

I think people are having a hard time with how things have changed. From a historical perspective, a bench player having a good game usually leads to more minutes, but for bigs, there is now no flexibility to the 4. All possible minutes are at the 5.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Think of it this way. If a guy only plays 6 minutes per game on average, while the guys above him play 19 minutes per game and 15 minutes per game, you aren't going to suddenly put him out there for 25+ because he's having a really good game. Gaston chipped in 19 minutes himself with 5 rebounds to complement 3-4 from the field and 2 blocks. O'Mara didn't really contribute much, but that wasn't really clear to see right away, so he still took 8 of the possible minutes at the 5.

I think people are having a hard time with how things have changed. From a historical perspective, a bench player having a good game usually leads to more minutes, but for bigs, there is now no flexibility to the 4. All possible minutes are at the 5.

I agree with the points of how many minutes he averages along with Gaston and Omara as to why he played less. Do you think we gradually keep increasing his minutes to where he can eventually play 20+ minutes/game? Really like what I see out of Jones. The up and under he pulled out today was a thing of beauty.

Tyrique Unchained

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie34 View Post
    I agree with the points of how many minutes he averages along with Gaston and Omara as to why he played less. Do you think we gradually keep increasing his minutes to where he can eventually play 20+ minutes/game? Really like what I see out of Jones. The up and under he pulled out today was a thing of beauty.
    A lot of this depends on Gaston and O'Mara. Matchups play into it too.