Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Just want to mention the block Tyrique had to start the game was incredibly nasty:

There is no one in the stands!
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I beg your pardon! ��

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    I made an innocent joke. It was tongue and cheek and in light of the whole tit for tat. I hope kmcrawfo understands that.
    That's one great thing about X, we can forgive.

Junior
    Being a big in college may have changed a bit. That said, Danny Fortson put up 15 and 8 per game as an 18-year-old freshman. Maybe let's temper our comparisons a bit.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I beg your pardon! ��
    My apologies!
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    All those Floridians were still sipping umbrella festooned fruit flavored alcoholic beverages on outdoor patios when that game began.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I'll dredge up a very old message board topic. Danny Fortson, despicable as he was as a Bearcat, added 10 wins to a Seattle supersonic team by adding sheer toughness.

Tyrique is that toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    All those Floridians were still sipping umbrella festooned fruit flavored alcoholic beverages on outdoor patios when that game began.
    The umbrellas? Is that your objection? "Festooned" bothers me a bit, but I can get over it. Go X! Beat the Gigantors!

The only real question is how many minutes can Tyrique play. Is his conditioning good enough to go 30 minutes a game?
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    The only real question is how many minutes can Tyrique play. Is his conditioning good enough to go 30 minutes a game?
    The fact that it's been brought by coach more than once means that this is going to be a mixed bag issue for him. He's obviously working on it and will likely get stronger as the season continues. But the question will be does a run of several games in a row just wind him at the end of the season.

Personally, I like O'Mara in there for different reasons, so the platoon approach works well for this team. Jones certainly has looked strong so far and I hope he steps up to demand the ball more while he's on the court.