Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Oh for sure.

I know of people who played div 2 and 3 who had good careers overseas.

Jones has really be playing well. We need to keep feeding him and Hankins in the post as the season finishes out.
    Agreed and when they are both in the game at the same time they need to learn to feed each other better because when one gets the ball and they collapse on him the other one is usually open.

Of all of our Muskies I am proudest of the progress that Tyrique has made this season.

To me it was never his play, which was always at a high level. It was his level of fouls. I did love his intensity, and frankly last year we had such a deep rotation that I didn't mind if he had 4 fouls in 18 minutes because he was only going to play around that much anyway. I like the fact that he was using that big strong body to bang our opponents in the time he got, so I kind of encouraged it.

But this year we really needed him to be on the court for large portions of the game. It was an adjustment for him, and he struggled at times, but he has come through in flying colors. He is definitely the favorite for MVP of the team right now in my estimation. Hell, I think our two best players are our big men, in Hankins and Jones, and I would put them up against any big men in the league.

Props to Tyrique. He has had an incredible year, and I will be very glad to have him back as a senior. That guys is tits.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

With the big question mark behind him, it is going to me important for him not only to be huge for us (which I too expect he will) - but also stay out of foul trouble.

I do hope a grad transfer (more likely) or freshman (less likely) provides some quality minutes. Even if we could depend on this, which we can not, nobody will have the experience with this team and the Big East and come close to matching what Agent Zero, Tyrique the Frique, Mr. Jones brings to the table.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

That is my concern as well. 2 years from now we will all be complaining about having 'no bigs' as Georgetown and Nova and Seton Hall and Providence dominate the paint. Tyrique is going to be that big that we only truly value when he has graduated and playing in Europe somewhere. He is already my favorite player on this team and the one that best exudes 'the Xavier way'.

Sophomore
    Feel like he is pretty well valued by most fans. And I hope we won’t be complaining about that. We’re bringing in three freshman bigs. I expect them to take up the mantle

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Feel like he is pretty well valued by most fans. And I hope we won’t be complaining about that. We’re bringing in three freshman bigs. I expect them to take up the mantle
    What’s NOT to like? He is, has and always will be a true ELITE rebounder. Easily will grab 200+ for the season. All 3 fresh will greatly benefit from the year they are fortunate to spend with him. Here is a fact on Mr. Jones that I bet people don’t realize....he LEADS THE TEAM in FT attempts!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    He's way too short. At his height he's going to need to develop a 3 point shot.
    Same thing that was said about Draymond Green

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    Two players that couldn’t be more different.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    Except Green attempted 3.0 and 3.6 threes per game his junior and senior year and shot 36.6% and 38.8% from three in those years.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Except Green attempted 3.0 and 3.6 threes per game his junior and senior year and shot 36.6% and 38.8% from three in those years.
    and essentially played point for those teams.