O'Mara and Gates

Thought both had a really nice game.

O'Mara came ready to play and had good chemistry with Goodin and the rest of the team. Unlike Gaston, he showed great anticipation along with a legit ability to play above the rim... and to finish. It was surprising that Mack took him out for the final 2+ minutes, when he was playing head and shoulders above Gaston.

Gates has hustled his tail off the past two games. He's crashing the boards like a champion and it seems to be starting to rub off on some other players. Having him start and JP come off the bench might actually benefit both.

Combined for 24 pts and 13 rebs
    2023 Sweet 16

Freshman
    Kudos to both of them. We will need that type of performance on a consistent basis. I think Kaiser could be a big scorer for us. Glad to see Sean play well. I thought he should have played more minutes

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    O'Mara came ready to play...
    I never had any doubts about The Quiet Man.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Don't want, NEED more cutting to the basket from Kaiser. The cut and lay up he got early in the game was beautiful. Makes him more of a complete player and gets his confidence going. Plus it keeps the defense honest. Get him going and watch out. I really do think this team can go places if they figure out their pieces and roles. Not comparing em to the '04 team, but that team had a short bench as well and it worked cause they played so well together. If Gates can play consistently like he did last night and has the ability to pull up from anywhere and bury it, this team will go up a level

Texted a buddy (who was at the game) first thing this morning about both these guys. After the great game played by Q (a true freshman thrown into the fire), these guys were the story of the game. So happy Sean The Sleeping Giant seems to have awoken and found his game. Kaiser has all the potential in the world and I look forward to seeing more of and from him!

Sean went up for those dunks with so much more authority and strength. Where has that been all year?

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Sean went up for those dunks with so much more authority and strength. Where has that been all year?
    I think we all knew that these guys are capable of games like this. The key to the season is can they bring it every game. That hasn't been the case so far.

Junior
    Their play last night was great, but I remember Jeff Robinson having a couple of great games too...
    zip em up