Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    He'll be fine offensively at the 4.

The problem will come defensively if we play man.
    Just a hunch but I think we're about to see more zone (not just 1-3-1). With the depth being as thin as it is, Mack's hand is pretty much forced to play more zone.
    White sheets. Yellow tape. Closed case. Zip 'em up.

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    Stainbrook will get more minutes from here on out, especially when we have foul issues. It is also going to be a great opportunity for players whose performances have drastically fallen off lately to re-establish themselves as major contributors to the team. Fact is, they must.
    More minutes? He doesn't get any right now so any minutes at all would be an increase. I still can't see him playing more than 5 minutes a game... if he's playing more than that then something is really going wrong or we are in extreme foul trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    Stainbrook will get more minutes from here on out, especially when we have foul issues. It is also going to be a great opportunity for players whose performances have drastically fallen off lately to re-establish themselves as major contributors to the team. Fact is, they must.
    Quote Originally Posted by XU3232 View Post
    More minutes? He doesn't get any right now so any minutes at all would be an increase. I still can't see him playing more than 5 minutes a game... if he's playing more than that then something is really going wrong or we are in extreme foul trouble.
    He can do it!

- Ghost of Keenan Christiansen
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by ReturnOfTheMack View Post
    Just a hunch but I think we're about to see more zone (not just 1-3-1). With the depth being as thin as it is, Mack's hand is pretty much forced to play more zone.
    I agree.

My only concern is what will happen with the rebounding out of the zone.

One of the main reasons we have been very effective defensively is that we eliminate second chances.

As we saw in the UC game it is much harder to do that out of the zone.

I'm very curious to see how the game is played this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    He can do it!

- Ghost of Keenan Christiansen
    Situation reminds me a little of when we used Landon Amos to go out there and spell the guys and play hard defense for a few minutes a game.