Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed Should Sit

Walk-On

Ed Should Sit

I started a thread last week titled : " Maurice Watson, Jr., a Dilemna for the Best" in which I asked the question if it was in Ed's best interest to keep playing wth his shoulder injury.
    We now have a new thread : "Ed being Shut Down?"
    We started the season with many posters saying Ed was a first round NBA pick leaving at the end of this season. Others have pointed out that he is too one dimensional to go first round and there are several NBA ready point guards ahead of him.
    Regardless of which position you take, Ed is not performing well ,he plays in pain, and is not increasing his NBA stock.
    I know nothing about the nature of Ed's injury. At this point I do not need to know. I only know that there is no way in hell Ed's continued playing is, at this time, doing anything to help Ed advance his NBA career. It is in Ed's best interest to get well/operated on, rehabilitated, whatever.
    As much as we will miss him( even in his incapacitated state) , I would tell him to sit.

I prefer to not make decisions without knowledge. I'll trust Mack, the trainers/doctors, Ed and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by GOX View Post
    I started a thread last week titled : " Maurice Watson, Jr., a Dilemna for the Best" in which I asked the question if it was in Ed's best interest to keep playing wth his shoulder injury.
    We now have a new thread : "Ed being Shut Down?"
    We started the season with many posters saying Ed was a first round NBA pick leaving at the end of this season. Others have pointed out that he is too one dimensional to go first round and there are several NBA ready point guards ahead of him.
    Regardless of which position you take, Ed is not performing well ,he plays in pain, and is not increasing his NBA stock.
    I know nothing about the nature of Ed's injury. At this point I do not need to know. I only know that there is no way in hell Ed's continued playing is, at this time, doing anything to help Ed advance his NBA career. It is in Ed's best interest to get well/operated on, rehabilitated, whatever.
    As much as we will miss him( even in his incapacitated state) , I would tell him to sit.
    Ed's injury is that it is. It's not something that can get worse and it won't get better until he has months to get it fixed. He has two options right now. Shut it down and try and prepare for an NBA training camp(It won't be fixed before the draft). Or play through the pain and finish out the season. If he goes that route I'd have to guess he'd be coming back next year. He played well the 3 games prior to the shoutout with the injury. If he wants to stick it out through the pain then there is zero reason to sit him.

He hasn't been the same since Villanova took him out. He's so thin.
    Last edited by XfansinKy; 01-27-2017 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    He hasn't been the same since Villanova took him out. He's so thin.
    In the 3 games after Nova before the shootout he shot 12-26 for 46 points 15 assists/6 turnovers and 15 rebounds. He was actually slightly better in those 3 games than the rest of his season average.

Ed Should Sit

I suspect we will hear just before tip that he's not playing Sunday @ St. John's. And I suspect that whether formally announced at that time or not, he will have played his last game of the season.

I also think he'll be back next year as a result. Since I know that wasn't his plan, I take no pleasure in saying that.

Get better Ed. You're awesome and your time will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    I suspect we will hear just before tip that he's not playing Sunday @ St. John's. And I suspect that whether formally announced at that time or not, he will have played his last game of the season.

I also think he'll be back next year as a result. Since I know that wasn't his plan, I take no pleasure in saying that.

This is just such an interesting scenario. From everything I've heard, this is an injury that can be played through. It's very painful at times but can be played through without doing further damage. I'd be surprised to see him shut it down AND come back. I think he either plays through the pain, limiting minutes at times, gets it fixed in the offseason, and returns next year or he shuts it down immediately and leaves for the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    This is just such an interesting scenario. From everything I've heard, this is an injury that can be played through. It's very painful at times but can be played through without doing further damage. I'd be surprised to see him shut it down AND come back. I think he either plays through the pain, limiting minutes at times, gets it fixed in the offseason, and returns next year or he shuts it down immediately and leaves for the NBA.
    Agree with this. Shutting it down would clearly be a decision to take care of his future earning potential, one that I wouldn't fault Ed for at all. Not sure he would shut it down and then return, but you never know.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post

This post is giving me deja vu.

Walk-On
    We have folks saying : (1) "From everything I've heard, this is an injury that can be played through". Did anyone tell you what the injury is?
    Saying an injury can be played through says nothing about whether it is prudent to do it.
    (2). "It is not something that can get worse". I do not know if there is such a thing as a shoulder injury that with continued motion/ stress/heavy contact that can not worsen, but I am open to being informed.