Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I had the same surgery, and my tears were so bad they could not be entirely repaired, so I have some screws in there. I did PT religiously for about 18 months, and got complete range of motion and strength back. I was told that if I didn't follow the PT regime strictly, or if I stopped PT prematurely, frozen shoulder was one likely consequence. I was also told that if you stop early, your range of motion when you stop is your ceiling for the rest of your life. That didn't appeal to me so I was a PT maniac for those 18 months, and it sure paid off.
    Yeah not continuing PT to completion and/or doing your home exercises that are prescribed is a big problem and makes it much more likely to have complications. Also not starting PT in a timely manner after surgery.

All things Ed will no doubt do as a college athlete.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    To me this is also about Ed playing a little smarter and maybe even a greater opportunity to develop other parts of his game. Like beat his man off the dribble and pull up for 8 footer instead of taking everything to the rim and a subsequent tumble and crashing to the ground.
    Totally agree with this, and I think it's happening already. Ed has been looking to create/distribute more ever since he got hurt. Totally agree about the pull up. Feels like forever ago when he had that sick crossover/jab step/ pull up 3 against Wake last year. Man, Ed was absolute fire until he got hurt at Nova last year. Hasn't been the same since really. And then he gets hurt there again this year. If he comes back next year, Mack should have him stay in Cincy for the Nova game. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Ed isnt at much risk for a frozen shoulder. There are many risk factors, none of which he will have or other facotrs that will happen to a college basketball player.
    Thank you, Doctor.

My frozen shoulder was a direct consequence of the surgery.

Did you miss that day of Medical School?

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Thank you, Doctor.

My frozen shoulder was a direct consequence of the surgery.

Did you miss that day of Medical School?
    I am a doctor of physical therapy.

Dont get defensive I am not saying you did anything wrong but what I am saying are there are many risk factors none of which (likely, a lot definitely not) Sumner has. He will be at very little risk for frozen shoulder.

Edit: It is defintiely not fun to have any surgery let alone surgery on any joint. Rehab will be painful and tedious. So I am not trying to down play it, just thought I'd throw that in there.
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 01-28-2017 at 03:00 PM.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I am a doctor of physical therapy.

Dont get defensive I am not saying you did anything wrong but what I am saying are there are many risk factors none of which (likely, a lot definitely not) Sumner has. He will be at very little risk for frozen shoulder.

Edit: It is defintiely not fun to have any surgery let alone surgery on any joint. Rehab will be painful and tedious. So I am not trying to down play it, just thought I'd throw that in there.
    Lol. Too perfect. You never see that kind of justice on the Internet.

I'm a doctor of floor sweeping.