Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I could see X shutting him down for a couple weeks to see how he responds.

Lets face it, we're cursed this year.

Ed Being Shut Down? (tenuous mention in WKRC article)

I suspect we will hear just before tip that he's not playing Sunday @ St. John's. And I suspect that whether formally announced at that time or not, he will have played his last game of the season.

I also think he'll be back next year as a result. Since I know that wasn't his plan, I take no pleasure in saying that.

Get better Ed. You're awesome and your time will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    Buddy Hield, Denzel Valentine, Taurean Prince, and Kris Dunn were all lottery picks at 22 last year.

He's already projected as a late first rounder so with the injury the odds of him slipping to the second round this year are high.

It'd be the same mistake Semaj made.
    Speaking of Semaj, it appears that he has been demoted back to the D league as of about 4 games ago.

If he did come back, him and Scruggs could be a nice backcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    I suspect we will hear just before tip that he's not playing Sunday @ St. John's. And I suspect that whether formally announced at that time or not, he will have played his last game of the season.

I also think he'll be back next year as a result. Since I know that wasn't his plan, I take no pleasure in saying that.

If he ends his season now, he would be ready in time for NBA workouts no (assuming his surgery went as expected)?
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post

The rest of the season? Really? That seems a bit of an over reaction unless he has something torn.

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    Speaking of Semaj, it appears that he has been demoted back to the D league as of about 4 games ago.
    Because Cam Payne returned from injury. OKC preferred Semaj go back to the D League to continue to get playing time to improve his game, instead of being the last man on the bench for the Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    The rest of the season? Really? That seems a bit of an over reaction unless he has something torn.
    The article linked above reports he playing with a torn labrum.

"The Skinny: The sophomore point guard is playing with a torn labrum in his left shoulder"
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Junior
    This would be terrible news for Ed and the remainder of X's basketball season. Silver lining: Goodin would get a ton of time to develop in-game, and he looked great last night (by freshman standards).
    zip em up

You guys can be smug about this and talk about making money overseas and his age and blah blah...

But, does anyone REALLY think Tre leaving for the draft this year is a good idea? No joke, sat next to a high level person from the Blazers at the Creighton game and he legitimately acted like he didn't know who Tre was. At the game to see Patton (and was frustrated as hell with all the fouls that sent him to the bench) and also to see Sumner.