Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sophomore

Ed Being Shut Down?

Richard Skinner is reporting there are rumblings that Ed may get shut down for the year.

Has anyone else heard this? I was under the impression his injury was all about pain management at this point.

We are fucked.

If this is true, our 35 year streak of being .500 or better in conference ends this season.

Sophomore
    Ed looks like he's killing his shoulder every time out. I wouldn't blame him at all. Would just be the icing on the cake of this tragedy of a season. We can't catch a break

Freshman
    That would pretty much put an end to this season.Who would be backup point guard then?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by muskieindent View Post
    That would pretty much put an end to this season.Who would be backup point guard then?
    JP? Or maybe Malcolm?

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    Richard Skinner is reporting there are rumblings that Ed may get shut down for the year.

Has anyone else heard this? I was under the impression his injury was all about pain management at this point.
    That's pretty thin. It is a mention of rumblings buried in the article. We should probably wait for something more substantial before panicking.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Yea I actually think there is a good chance this happens. He needs surgery and I know his eyes are on the NBA. We will have a tough time making the tourney if he shuts it down... that's for sure.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    That's pretty thin. It is a mention of rumblings buried in the article. We should probably wait for something more substantial before panicking.
    Not sure why you felt the need to change the thread title.

That's why i put a question mark in the thread title and asked in the OP if anyone had heard anything about it.

Anyway, as most know by now Skinny and Rick are pretty tight so I doubt he'd be tossing that out there without having some concrete info.
    Last edited by casualfan; 01-27-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Sophomore
    It's probably what's best for him if he's gonna try for the NBA. Definitely sucks for us though, but this season was never gonna be special.

Ed Being Shut Down? (tenuous mention in WKRC article)

I suspect we will hear just before tip that he's not playing Sunday @ St. John's. And I suspect that whether formally announced at that time or not, he will have played his last game of the season.

I also think he'll be back next year as a result. Since I know that wasn't his plan, I take no pleasure in saying that.

Get better Ed. You're awesome and your time will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk