Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Some Thoughts on the Game

I'm a life-long X fan, and I'm feeling pretty down this morning after last night's loss. I hate to say it, but the Bearcats manhandled. We got tossed around like little rag dolls. UC was more physical, more poised, ran a better offense, killed us on the boards. I mean, Trevon has the game of his life, goes for 40, UC misses 19 free throws, and we still lose handily. I REALLY hate to say this, but the Leprechaun schooled our coach with the Xs and Os. What do we go, guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Norwoodian View Post
    I'm a life-long X fan, and I'm feeling pretty down this morning after last night's loss. I hate to say it, but the Bearcats manhandled. We got tossed around like little rag dolls. UC was more physical, more poised, ran a better offense, killed us on the boards. I mean, Trevon has the game of his life, goes for 40, UC misses 19 free throws, and we still lose handily. I REALLY hate to say this, but the Leprechaun schooled our coach with the Xs and Os. What do we go, guys?
    UC ran a horrible offense and still won. It was rebounding nothing more, nothing less.

I said this last night too. First time I ever thought that. Just IMO, Mack could have used his timeouts better to stop runs or at least halt them before they got going. And I know our bigs were trash last night but I could not believe he didn't once choose to run 2 of them out there at the same time. Honestly, I thought the wings did just as bad of a job as boxing out and rebounding as the bigs did. And considering UC was sending 4 to the glass every time, it's a whole team effort. I know the offense would have been probably worse because of it, but when you're getting your ass handed to you that bad on the glass, you can't just keep trying to the same thing and expect different results.

In circles in early 2016, Mack hinted at how it will be differen without Jalen Reynolds.

This is a case of be careful what you wish for, or in this case, help facilitate.
    Don't get saucy with me, Bearnaise!

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    i said this last night too. First time i ever thought that. Just imo, mack could have used his timeouts better to stop runs or at least halt them before they got going. And i know our bigs were trash last night but i could not believe he didn't once choose to run 2 of them out there at the same time. Honestly, i thought the wings did just as bad of a job as boxing out and rebounding as the bigs did. And considering uc was sending 4 to the glass every time, it's a whole team effort. I know the offense would have been probably worse because of it, but when you're getting your ass handed to you that bad on the glass, you can't just keep trying to the same thing and expect different results.
    mack never does this.......

Quote Originally Posted by beatuc View Post
    UC ran a horrible offense and still won. It was rebounding nothing more, nothing less.
    The only coaching decision that made me scratch my head was the switch to 1-3-1. We were getting killed on the glass and that zone only made it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    The only coaching decision that made me scratch my head was the switch to 1-3-1. We were getting killed on the glass and that zone only made it worse.
    Well I think part of it was the foul trouble

One of the very few good things I took away from this game was the toughness and overall attitude displayed by Quentin Goodin. I think he will be a real asset to this team in the coming years running the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    He had to switch to the 1-3-1 because of foul trouble with the guards. How do you play man to man defense if the officials refuse to call offensive fouls.

Freshman
    Time to accept that UC is better than us this year.If they can fix the foul shooting problem,they could make a run in March.Outside of SMU,no one in that league should beat them.They finally have guys who can score.